Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XP Java MicrosoftJVM

Options
  • 30-11-2003 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭

This has been driving me insane for MONTHS....the probelsm disappears, then suddenly up it pops again.

I hav the latest Java SDK installed on my PC, so java's not a problem for me.
    When I use IE6, and browse to a site that has a java applet on it, my browser ALWAYS asks me to download the Microsoft JVM, instead of using the damned Sun one that's already on the computer! It's driving me insane now! Even AFTER I download the ****ing Microsoft JVM ... if I go to another site that needs java, it asks me AGAIN!!!

Does anyone know what's happening to my computer?! :)

Daniel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Set Program Access and Defaults in the sidebar of add/remove programs see what that says.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

U sure that ur not downloading the short 200kb (i havn't a clue of its size) download which tells u that microsoft no longer supports java cause of issues with Sun.
    If you installed Java, make sure that u have installed it correctly as a plug in for IE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight
    Have a look at this page..
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=1237881#post1237881
    The thing is that it was working fine up to yesterday ... so i shouldn't have to re-download anything (it's only an 18Kb file anyway .. but it's annoying)

Daniel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭kernel32.dll

There are serious isues with Sun's version of the Java redist.

Do a google for msjavx86.exe and install that one.

Uninstall the Sun one first....

• Advertisement
Advertisement