Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Speeds dropped?

• 30-11-2003 10:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭

Anyone else suffereing from this? Only started today, download speeds dropped to shít (0.9 KB/s) and opening webpages is taking forever!!

Notihng new was installed on computer, or anything done to line to cause this. It just slowed riiiiiiiiiiiight down.

Anyone else suffering from it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

Ye im suffering from it too...was just about to start a new thread and ask the same question. Definitely a bandwidth issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I'm also being hit, out in Bray by the way. I'd say everyone's maxing out trying to get those last Kb's of cap used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

That's RADSL for ye. Damn glad to have it all the same, sure beats the s*** out of 56k dial up. As Davey D said, probably last minute rush on last day of month. It might be useful if ppl would advise their exchange when posting, I'm in Swords btw.
    Best, E.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I noticed a slow down, Blanch Village, when downloading Red Vs Blue last night not pleased must say! :( ; still better then Dial-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

Mines perfect today and was since about 11pm last night. In Cabinteely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Mine was fine this morning. :D

The cap milking theory was well beyond my train of thought! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

You guys are lucky. I can't get a connection since Friday when I turned on my computer and AVG Anti-Virus told me I had some virus stored in an overnet folder. It keeps saying AWAITING ADSL CONNECTION and the ADSL light keeps flashing.

I've deleted the virus and tried connecting from my laptop to no avail. I'm also from the Blanch area. If its not working when I get home tonight, it'll be tech support time. Grrr!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

/OT

just got iol dsl in last few days, do they automatically set up an email account?
    username@iol.ie, username@iolbb.ie ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

sixpack's little hat:

You have to call them to get an email account set up. I haven't actually done this myself yet but someone I know had to call them to get their IOL email working.

Serb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Thanks, don't particularly want an iol account but was wondering.

• Advertisement
Advertisement