Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Throwing Muses

• 30-11-2003 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

OK, was just wondering if there's anyone here who's heard of/listens to/is a fan of Throwing Muses or Kristin Hersh. If so, how'd you hear about them, what of their stuff have you heard etc etc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Throwing Muses are really good. Don't really remember how I heard about them, I think it had to do with finding a band similar to The Pixies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

I first heard Throwing Muses on the Lonely is an Eyesore compilation from 4AD Wayyy back in the '80s. Which by the way is a wonderful jumping off point for anyone who wants to check out any 4AD stuff from back then, plus It'll end in Tears, from the golden erea of 4AD in my opinion.

I've been a fan of Throwing Muses since then, caught a number of Throwing Muses and Kristin Hersh gigs in Dublin over the years. The earlier ones had much more urgency than the later ones, as you'd expect. But Kristin Hersh gets better and better as time goes by.

Try The Curse, if you can find it, a live TM album on limited release, or any of the early releases. Anything from Kristin Hersh is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

heard a Tanya donelly song on a compilation cd (could have been a 4ad sampler), anyways was hooked from then on in. Real Ramona and University are kick @ss albums. saw them when they played the ambassador this year. great show. kristen hersh rocks. you should check out www.beestung.com its a site of live and rare stuff from Tanya, Belly, TM, and Kristen Hersh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭darkened_corner

Got introduced to TM by a mate of mine myself, have most of their studio stuff myself. The new self-titled album from this year is fantastic, very raw compared to their other stuff. Gyck, thanks, will have a look out for that live CD (if I can find it, TM stuff is pretty thin on the ground in the majority of Dublin music shops, sadly...)

Advertisement