Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

harvey norman-no bargain

• 30-11-2003 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

there is an advertisement supplement with one of the sunday papers for harvey norman-superstores in swords and dundalk.
    anyway it mentioned a meteor ready to go phone for 99euro-this is the siemens mc60 with built in camera.
    i rang the swords store at 12.30pm to confirm the price as it is quoted at 199euro by meteor themselves only to be told that it was out of stock.
    this is the bargain that never was.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

REATIL PAAAAAAHK !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

But they have got a dirt cheap DVD player....

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

this is a common practice used by some retailers in ireland, D***ns have been known to advertise ( I've experienced this wioth some Sony products) a TV att say €999 when the price elswhere is say €1499 buit wen the customer gets into the shop they will be told "We have none in stock but we do have this (insert lesser brand name) tv for ( insert random price). they figure that a certain percentage of people who come into the shop with the intention of buying a certain tv will settle for an alternative, I have also heard of manyu instances of DID'nt and Power****ty doing the same.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement