Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reds shock! Heskey Scores!!

• 30-11-2003 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Suddenly I'm a little happier :) Nice goal from EH.

Sometimes I think owen should get injured more often
    as they play better attacking options if they cant
    exploit his nimble pace...

Mike.

[EDIT] No results in thread title. [EDIT]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

should have been 5 or 6-1...

i'm delighted with the result still though!! terrible marking for the first goal.

beat newcastle next week and we'll get 4th place....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Yeah seems like it was a good game... Hopefully they will push on into 4th over Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I wonder if Gerard Houllier will refer to this as a "watershed", or as having "turned the corner"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Good result to get the premiership back on track. I agree with Mike saying that when Owen doesn't play Liverpool have to find more ways to attack. Now I would love if Owen was available all the time, but what GH needs is a striker that is as good as Owen but changes things around a bit in terms of options. At the moment what happens is - if Owen comes off he is replaced by Heskey. The sort of player I'm talking about is someone in the same vein as Cisse or Cisse himself. The same as Utd have Solksjaer and Utd have Wiltord and Kanu.

Anyway great win and two great goals from HK and EH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

A good win by the sounds of it - the first half LFC were a bit dodgey supposedly, but put on a great display in the second. I saw the highlights and Kewell's goal was good but Heskey's was excellent:eek:

Only one point off 4th now - I see Charlton dropping but Fulham may hang around for a while yet - 4th place is still a very reasonable expectation by Chrimbo for LFC in the least though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Didn't see any of it but a good result it would seem.
    Too bad we get excited over them beating Birmingham though, these are games they should always be winning especially at home.
    One point of fourth, but what, 14 off Chelsea?
    Is this the campaign back on track? They're too hot and cold, consistency is needed and until we get a good string of wins under our belts I wont be convinced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

i don't wanna put my foot in it but i think this might be the campaign back on track i mean look at the last 5 games - 3 wins out of 5 a loss to United (which was unlucky) and a drab nil nil which happens to everybody. To be honest I can see the pool easily getting fourth come the end of the season and although its not what we want as supporters things are not as bad as they seem

Advertisement