Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I dont have a credit card, how can I help?

Options
  • 01-12-2003 1:13am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

a. Find a group that knows you and trusts that you will get the money to them and group up with them.

b. Transfer the money to the SSF account (which will be set up on Monday) and specify what you want bought with it. I'll try and match A with B. Every penny will get spent on charity stuff.

c. Give it to me in person at the Xmas beer bash!

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I'm afraid I'm going to be too busy with work to get actively involved, but I'm happy to sit at my desk here and transfer some money when the aforementioned account is setup.

Best of luck DeVore, nice idea. Happy xmas to all the kids :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I need more people like you :)
    One of the neat bits about this is that I'm perfectly happy to run around and sort out the logisitics and delivery etc on peoples behalfs. All I need are people willing to sit at their desks and transfer a little cash :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

I like option C.

Shall give it you at the beers DeVore. Is there a predetermined amount or is it whatever we can afford?

Either way, some embee Dole Dollars will be donated.....

Happy Christmas one and all!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

Um...just an idea, but since we have the advantage of huge contact base here (on boards), why not reach out to find people who work in electronic stores, go in as customers and ush for discount buying the consoles and games at discount as they are for charity. Most shops can discount about 25%. Also saves any bother that may arrise from buying on-lline.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'll drop whatever cash i have left over from the family and gf present buying fund into the beers on the 20th. Minus the price of one pint of course :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭loup

Devore, fantastic idea, please let me know where I can post some books and XBOX games to??? Do you need XBOX games??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Any update on the bank account details?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I would be happy to help in any way I can and also put some cash forward. I can transfer the cash to an account and/or help with delivery.

Sounds like a very worthwhile endevour and I applaude your effort.

Regards

Tinky

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Originally posted by DeVore
    I'm perfectly happy to run around and sort out the logisitics and delivery etc on peoples behalfs. DeV.

Chief offers himself and his car for any tasks deemed necessary. (just pm me)

Excellent idea DeVore

Chief.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thanks Cheif, when I have more knowledge of whats needed I'll be back to ask people for help.

The bank account was in the synopsis but I realise that wasnt really a logical place to put it so its now in a thread of its own.

Thanks!

DeV.

• Advertisement
Advertisement