Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Speed Gaming - Quake 1 finished in 12Mins

Options
  • 01-12-2003 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭

After the crazyness that was some guy beating Super Mario Bros. 3 in eleven minutes,iv found a video ( 165MB) of a guy going through all 4 episodes of quake 1 in 12m23s.......on nightmare difficulty.:eek:

This guy was absoultely amazing, he had every level timed perfectly and the quickest time he finish a level was 8 seconds.

Heres the site:

http://www.planetquake.com/qdq/news.html

The Avi Video:

http://www.planetquake.com/qdq/qdqwav.html

If you don't want to DL it through those fileplanet fuks
    Type '' qdq '' in the search box in filemirrors.com

CombatCow

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

there is also one for quake 2 i remember seeing it a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

As far as I recall the whole Quake done Quick thing (QDQ) was actually a compilation of levels from hundreds (if not thousands) of runs by many different players. Great care was taken to match up the end of one level (health and ammunition wise) with the start of the next to produce a seamless video of the whole game. This was quite a sport for a while - teams of nerds would lock themselves away for long periods to shave a few seconds off a level. Many clever tricks were invented by these players each intended to shave just a few seconds off the record (bunny hopping and rocket jumping spring to mind).

The story of the tremendous efforts and marathon sessions these QDQ people put into their attempts to create a new record is fascinating stuff in itself - Enough to make you feel like your own life is really quite exciting:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

hmmm, i might dig out my old QDQ 19:49 demo...
    would look perdy in funQuake:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Gonna get it now, but omg look at some of the other stuff:
    Ultimate doom in 16minutes? thats nest to download for sure!
    Quake done in under an hour with full kills and secrets!

Some people have no life, but damn its good entertainment for the rest of us :D

Advertisement