Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESAT & ISDNERS & 56k modems & TA's

Options
  • 25-11-1999 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭

Hiya Buk,

So I like need some info on ESAT. I have a TA that has anologue ports at the back for a phone an stuff, that works grand when I have the ISDN connected up, ya can make a phone call, lavly. But! what I need to know is, can I make a call to ESAT on me internal 56k (which is connected to the TA) modem usin their Surf no limits option goin through the ISDN??? I reckon I could but I don wanna spennd 20 pound or whatever on settin up an account.

ta leds
    juNk san

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Hello Dave.
    How are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

it'd still be going at 56k smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

No sh!t sherlock!

But it still keeps your phone bill down when your on IRC and the like.

I am fine Mark, when are u comin to Dublin ya savage, must drink beer again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I got my TA to connect to ESAT in Analogue mode. Could only manage a 33.6 connection but as you said most of the time is either on IRC or downloading where ping is meaningless. I guess I have a choice to make now, fast downloads and high bills or low bills and low connection but unlimited off peak time? Ye decide for me there.

Jimmy...

[This message has been edited by SickBoy (edited 25-11-99).]

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The bucko from Esat called to the door the last day and he says SNL takes ISDN. I'll be using my isdn on that in a months time if thats the case.

Regards,
    Robbo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Happy fu<king days!!!!1

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Whats all this about 'Sherlock'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

WAH??

SNL takes ISDN???
    So your saying I can connect 128k ALL the time (after 6) and only be charged £17.

Could someone confirm this because if its true I am defintly getting an ISDN line.

EL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Sounds like BS to me. I rang ESAT about this and they told me straight out that they dont support ISDN in ANY way. I don't think anything has changed.

Jimmy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Esat are a bit confused on this point themselves.

From a tech point of view, SNL can do ISDN at the touch of a button. Hell, its more hassle for them NOT to do ISDN. But their marketing bods decided not to run with ISDN.

However, last week, a meeting in Esat decided that yes, ISDN will be offered on SNL in the near future, with 64k probably at the £17 price point, although 128k connects will be charged considerably higher. It's also possible that ISDNers will be charged higher on-peak rates to discourage businesses from using the service for mad big transfers.

So there you have it smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

suddenly, ISDN looks like a cheap option.

when does the current special ISDN install offer end??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

December 7th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭DeV

Can someone point me to a decent source of info on this ISDN offer... a lot of people seem to know about it but its all "a friend of a friend" stuff...

Ta,
    DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Yeah, gimme something solid about this.

El

/me points at eircom

they sent me info on it in the post. ring them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

£220 + VAT (yeah, right, like anyone wants to pay that smile.gif As opposed to £374 + VAT

Offer may be over now. Not quite sure meself, just let daddy-o take care of the bills smile.gif

Regards,
    Robbo

E I R C O M !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

so where can on find the defacto non hearsay info?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

getting isdn from eircom usually involves:

a) going round the back of their offices on stephens green and meeting shady characters in trenchcoats known as "customer-reps". (some of us do that anyway smile.gif)

b) complicated handshakes and a friend who knows a friend.

c) being a member of the masons.

If only it were that easy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

so where can on find the defacto non hearsay info?

• Advertisement
Advertisement