Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Here comes the pain

• 01-12-2003 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Just bought Here comes the Pain for me PS2 there over the weekend, after weeks of anticipation. Jesus, how much better that Just Bring it is it? Infinitely better.
    They've really upped the ante on this one. At last, the moves have the crunch that they never had, you can really feel the thump of them. Goldbergs Jackhammer is absolutely class.
    Anyone else have it and what do yiz think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Played it all the way through 3 times now.

A couple of hints/notes for the Season.

1) Always either 'attack' or 'respect' your opponent after a match, you'll be able to talk to them the next week and either earn their respect (And an SD point) or get a bonus hardcore match (and extra Exp).

2) It doesn't matter whether you choose RAW or Smackdown, storylines are the same.

3) Go on the UK tours for extra EXP and SD points.

4) Avoid talking to the GMs (In the corridors), Vince or the bigger superstars early on you'll just end up loesing SD points.

5) In hardcore matches go to the training room, get on the treadmill (Use Square), press X repeatedly to Run and watch those SD icons fill fast!

Other notes: (Char creation)

1) lightweights cannot lift super heavyweights so if your a leightweight you can't suplex the big show

2) female characters cannot compete in the season and created female characters cannot compete in bra and panties match.

3) If you 'Sample' the character you'll get some of the missing superstars (Spike, Rosey, Britney Spears:rolleyes: ) with one thing missing (wrong hair/wrong skin colour etc.). Their movesets are also available in the superstar lists. I can get a full list if of codes for each superstar if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Sounds good. Must get my hands on it.
    I got a PS2 last week (Second Hand) with Just Bring it and I was thinking of getting HCTP! And now I shall!

Is RAW2 going to come out for PS2 or will it just be for XBox?

The 'Smackdown' games are for the Ps2, the 'RAW' games are for x-box. HCTP is quiet a bit better then JBI and If you liked JBI you will really like HCTP.

My main problem is that I don't have the Booklet for JBI so i'm guessing the moves!
    I want to get HCTP anyway as it does look better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by jongore
    3) If you 'Sample' the character you'll get some of the missing superstars (Spike, Rosey, Britney Spears:rolleyes: ) with one thing missing (wrong hair/wrong skin colour etc.). Their movesets are also available in the superstar lists. I can get a full list if of codes for each superstar if anyone is interested.

i would be interested

i have the game a few weeks now, done the season about 5 times, bought everything so i need something else to do. still enjoying it though

what pisses me off about it is the entrances for the 'legends'. why didnt they include the proper ones :mad: small gripe but still, it's like they are going down the ramp on a trolly :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Mossy. I like the Buddy Christ Pic. Class film too!

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    i would be interested

i have the game a few weeks now, done the season about 5 times, bought everything so i need something else to do. still enjoying it though

what pisses me off about it is the entrances for the 'legends'. why didnt they include the proper ones :mad: small gripe but still, it's like they are going down the ramp on a trolly :rolleyes:

Have to agree, I unlocked the Old 'Taker just to see what entrance they have and was p!ssed off with the rubbish it showed.

(I'll upload the sample characters this evening when I get home)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

They can be edited as far as I know, and there's some really cool Gothic music that I used for Old Skool taker's tune.

I'm happy that I can get the talentless slug to walk the top rope anyway :) The chokeslam off the top buckle onto the floor is funny as hell too.

I'm in the process of making me a Jeff Hardy, how i'm gonna do his entrance is a whole other story though.

Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Ah ****e!

I though the WWE had signed up Terriable Terry Tate for a minute:(

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme

I'm in the process of making me a Jeff Hardy, how i'm gonna do his entrance is a whole other story though.

Nero

I think Jeff Hardy is one of the 'Sample' wrestlers, I'll find out this evening.

Some of the new moves are pretty good, I like Old takers Chokeslam from the turnbuckle and the turnbuckle tiger bomb is pretty good too. Grabbing the guys by the throat while riding the moterbike is a laugh.

• Advertisement

Here are the move sets and sample characters(All the samples need some adjustment, clothes for regal, hair for spike etc.)

Move Set 1 WWR: William Regal Sample 1 (Remove shirt and hat)
    Move Set 2 WAS: Al Snow
    Move Set 3 WSD: Spike Dudley Sample 3 (change hair to #47)
    Move Set 4 WBR: Bradshaw
    Move Set 5 WFA: Faarooq
    Move Set 6 WBG: Billy Gunn
    Move Set 7 WCP: Chuck Palumbo
    Move Set 8 WBK: Billy Kidman
    Move Set 9 WS2H: Scotty 2 Hotty
    Move Set 10 WTA: Tazz
    Move Set 11 WHH: Hardcore Holly
    Move Set 12 WJN: Jamie Noble
    Move Set 13 WRJ: Rosie/Jamal
    Move Set 14 WTD: Tommy Dreamer Sample 5 (Change hair)
    Move Set 15 WBD: Bill Demott
    Move Set 16 WFU: Funaki Sample 1
    Move Set 17 WCR: Crash Holly
    Move Set 18 OJH: Jeff Hardy Smaple 4 (Change hair)
    Move Set 19 ORA: Raven
    Move Set 20 OXP: X-pac
    Move Set 21 ODD: Diamond Dallas Page
    Move Set 22 ODL: D-Lo Brown
    Move Set 23 OJC: Justin Credible
    Move Set 24 OGF: Godfather
    Move Set 25 OSB: Steve Blackmen
    Move Set 26 WSM: Shane Mcmahon
    Move Set 27 WBB: Big Bossman
    Move Set 28 NJPS: Perry Saturn
    Move Set 29 AJMA: Mike Awesome
    Move Set 30 ODM: Dean Malenko