Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(OT) wtb p133

Options
  • 30-11-1999 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I'm looking for a p133 or so chip, mb, case, 16 megs ram, 1/2 gig hd. Dont need a monitor, keyboard, mouse, floppy. cd'd be handy for installation. I just wanna run a quake server on it under linux, will boot into it so dont need any trimmings or anyway to interact with box. Anyone got the above specced (or slightly better) box lieing around?
    Go on, sell me it. Its a useless heap of ****e anyway wink.gif
    Quozl
    (Sam this'll run a kteams 8 man server ok wont it? or will i need 32 megs ram?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

you might need the ram

when i used to run a server on the eastend box, it used to use 30% of the ram and 15% of the CPU with 2 people connected, and those boxes had p200's and 32megs ram

itll probably be less now, because that was ages ago and all the code wasnt optimised

someone told me that it uses approx 5 megs ram per player, but i dont know if this is true or not

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

good man quozl , jay is just after setting up a server here on a cyrix 133 clocked to 200 with 32 megs o ram , a ca and kteams server are on it and its grand , so from now on we just type connect pog

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

As a wise man once said...
    Huppp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Lemmy

I like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I cannt belive no-one has one sad.gif Surely some one must have a heap of junk they want to get rid of?
    Quozl

Advertisement