Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T610 from Carphonewarehouse.ie

Options
  • 01-12-2003 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭

I see the SE T610 in on carphonewarehouse.ie for €239.00 RTG and from €69.00 contract from vodafone. Well they're Vodafone branded anyway.
    What do ye think? Are these good deals?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by The_Edge
    I see the SE T610 in on carphonewarehouse.ie for €239.00 RTG and from €69.00 contract from vodafone. Well they're Vodafone branded anyway.
    What do ye think? Are these good deals?

Tis a savage price. I thought the T610 was meant to be 129 in Carphone Warehouse. Seemingly they are doing an offer whereby you can get a PS2 for 49 quid when you buy the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by JesusThatsGreat
    Tis a savage price. I thought the T610 was meant to be 129 in Carphone Warehouse. Seemingly they are doing an offer whereby you can get a PS2 for 49 quid when you buy the phone.

Just spoke to them.. Tis a bit of a scan. You can get the PS2 for 49 euro when you get the T610 for 129 euro... However, if you do not wish to avail of the offer, the T610 is only 69 euro... So the PS2 is really 109 euro and not 49 euro.. Bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

A friend just got the phone with them. They don't do RTG even though they advertise it with vodafone on the CFW site?
    WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

€239 on Ready To Throw is bloody excellent for this phone.

Thats less than I paid for mine off Ebay UK, though im including the cost of the unlock kit as mine was an Orange phone.

Though if you buy from Vodafone, you know the firmware will be laced with Vodafone menu's, shortcuts and general Vodafone crap.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

paid €399 for mine sim free and my Girlfriend just got it on upgrade from Vodafone for €129. Her's has all the Vodafone customization though and it's really annoying. Takes away from the look of the phone a lot. Makes it easier to stomach paying so much extra and of course I'm not locked into another 12 month contract.

Also, the €69 deal is if you go on one of the higher tarrifs. Otherwise it's €129.

• Advertisement

I paid total of €300 including unlock kit for mine(twas on Orange originally) so I feel even better now.

Though I found them for €270 already unlocked a week after getting mine!

With some research since, I think I should be able to get them for €260 brand new, under warranty and unlocked(from Orange who dont do as much customisation as Vodafone).

Ill post up if/when I get it sorted for anyone who is interested. Or if you want to buy it off Vodafone I think Ill be able to unlock them for about €30. And thats not by Flashing.

(Not setting up a business here btw, ive just discovered some things when researching the phone for myself.)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭-Wheeler-

Do any of you guys have your T610 insured?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by -Wheeler-
    Do any of you guys have your T610 insured?

Just updated my policy I had already with my 7650. €5 a month.

Gona sort it this week hopefully.

Meteor phone insurance through PhoneCare is €35/year or €5/month, so I think ill be going with that on the yearly option.

Though excess is still €33 for first claim and I think €66 for second claim. Not 100% on that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

meteor only insure phones bought from them, unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭-Wheeler-

I declined insurance when I bought my T610 last week, but I'm having second thoughts now. I had insurance on my old 8310 for almost a year, and it did give me peace of mind when the phone was new, but as it was getting older/obsolete it used to piss me off that Phonecare were still taking €5/month out of my bank account so I cancelled it.

Maybe €60 for the year might be worth it alright....just for peace of mind :)

Originally posted by carrotcake
    meteor only insure phones bought from them, unfortunately
    Had been meaning to check that.

Ive a funny feeling that the phone does not have to have been purchased from them, though im not sure on it.

Ill check it tomorrow.

let us know if they accept. i rang them two months ago and they said that they wouldn't

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

I have a phone not bought from meteor insured with them.

Eóin

Originally posted by carrotcake
    let us know if they accept. i rang them two months ago and they said that they wouldn't
    Just thought Id update this, Phones Insured through Meteor's "Meteor Minder" insurance(underwritten by Homecare Insurance Ltd.), DO NOT have to have been purchased from them.
    You do however have to have an active Meteor number, PrePay or PostPay.

The person you spoke to obviously did not know too much about the insurance process, it is afterall, handled mostly by HomeCare(1800 924 264).

One niggling thing that I have to check is that the option of buying the year in advance for €35 can be done by either Pre-Pay or Post-Pay. The form I have here seems to suggest that its only for Pre-pay, but im fairly sure that its just badly worded. Ill let you know for sure on Tuesday after Ive done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Anyone know if the T610 through vodafone from carphone warehouse is vodafone branded?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

yes its plastered all over it, and its horrible. i actually think it makes the phone slower? (i could be wrong)

Sean

Originally posted by Faltermyer
    Just thought Id update this, Phones Insured through Meteor's "Meteor Minder" insurance(underwritten by Homecare Insurance Ltd.), DO NOT have to have been purchased from them.
    You do however have to have an active Meteor number, PrePay or PostPay.

The person you spoke to obviously did not know too much about the insurance process, it is afterall, handled mostly by HomeCare(1800 924 264).

One niggling thing that I have to check is that the option of buying the year in advance for €35 can be done by either Pre-Pay or Post-Pay. The form I have here seems to suggest that its only for Pre-pay, but im fairly sure that its just badly worded. Ill let you know for sure on Tuesday after Ive done it.
    Further updat - The €35 for the year is only for PRE-PAY!! Thats decided by Homecare, not Meteor Im told!

So if your bill pay, its €5/month. Oh, and maximum SIM Free RRP of handset is €500.

And, they will insure phones not bought from them, but you must have a receipt... which having bought mine over Ebay,... I dont! Might try contacting the seller on the off chance they have it! :(

thanks for the info, i'll have to go rooting around for my receipt

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Just been made an offer of €200-220 yoyos for a Orange branded SE T610 new.
    Is that a good offer or am I better off to keep hunting?
    I might be able to get it flashed later elsewhere.

Cheers

• Advertisement

Sounds very good.
    Is it already unlocked?
    You sure the place sells to Ireland.
    I found them for €214 +shipping but ive heard nothing back from the place.
    They were still network locked, but I can unlock em myself for about €20.

Advertisement