Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can get source of html up?

Options
  • 01-12-2003 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

hi
    whenever i go View -> Source in my browser now no source comes up.
    Even when i right click and check source i cant see it!

does anyone know what the issue is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Is this with every website or just one in particular (if one can you post a link?)

What browser are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It can happen. Try a different browser

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ChicoMendez

every website!

IE 6.0 .... and it was working a while back....strange!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Zaltais

This usually happens with IE when either the cached file on your PC has been deleted or the server has sent a no-cache header (or META tag) to the browser. This is because IE just looks in the cache for the file you want to view the source of - if it's not there you don't get anything - (not even an error, which is not nice)

Sometimes if you hit Ctrl + F5 (which does a forced refresh) it works.

However, best bet is to use either Netscape or Mozilla to view the page, this is because these browsers actually re-request the page as though you'd typed the URL in by hand in a new window... so what you get is the source of the page direct from the server (which is also why it takes a bit longer to 'view source' in Netscape/Mozilla - the page is being downloaded again)

Plus you also get syntax highlighting in Netscape / Mozilla, which is helpful....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Also happens if your cache is full.

try deleting your temporary internet files. Should do the trick.

Tom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Let's call a spade a spade. IE is not a good browser :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭dynamic.ie

There's a couple of reasons why this can happen. First and usual solution is to delete the temporary internet files in IE. Once done, it should work. If it doesn't then it could be that Notepad is on your desktop? If you have a shortcut to notepad on your desktop, make sure it is not called "notepad". Change it to "notepad1". Bit strange but it solves the problem.

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Originally posted by ChicoMendez
    IE 6.0
    There's the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

In this day and age, no-one should be using MS Explorer.

Mozilla Firbird : http://seb.mozdev.org/firebird/

Advertisement