Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comteponi cock up

Options
  • 01-12-2003 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

What a bloody farce!

I believe Kermit the frog is wearing a glove puppet with a Leinster jersey on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

its what you get when amateurs run a professional game, bet contepomi is sick.

Also 30 yo for sats game, whats that about, used it not be 6 into donnybrook, or am i rememberig my schoolchild days?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭xern

30 yoyos to see a celtic league match?? thats rediculious.
    I believe Leinster are taking legal action agains't the ERC.
    Hopefully something will come of it! But i think the mistake was made on the leinster side so i don't know how its going to work out??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Originally posted by xern
    30 yoyos to see a celtic league match?? thats rediculious.
    I believe Leinster are taking legal action agains't the ERC.
    Hopefully something will come of it! But i think the mistake was made on the leinster side so i don't know how its going to work out??

Legal action doesn't really work when you're at fault yourself. According to a report I read in the paper it took 10 minutes for Leinster to get the paperwork from the English after they missed the cutoff date so it wasn't the English Union's fault either.

They is just gonna have to suck it down and hope they get beyond the group stages. It's gonna be more than 30 a ticket if they decide to try some self-righteous crusade through the courts when they're in the wrong. The IRFU cannot afford to support this kind of action and it shouldn't be taken unless there is real justification. The ERC have taken a hard line on this kind of stuff in the past and they will continue to do so.

it is an erc match on sat. But still they're playing in lansdowne, oppurtunity to get some fans in and interested, they're never going to sell the place out!!

Erc will tell them to fupp off, they're only plea is leniency. which they won't get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 shanners

From what I understand, the Leinster Branch were not totally at fault for this: It was Comteponi's responsibility to provide the branch with a letter of release from Bristol. This was not done in a timely manner, hence they could not register him in time.

Either way, I think this is a very harsh penalty for something that is purely paperwork - considering that a red card in a match would probably land you with a shorter ban!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

saw him, out of position (Leinster postion anyway) and he played very well. hopefully he'll still get his ERC oppurtunity this season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

He seems to be very cocky, did you see him celebrate after the try? I don't think that carry on will be well received by Leinster supporters.

I do think it was a waste getting him, surely Leinster could have found a better out half, i.e. one that can kick.

I'd say he was just happy 2 months after arriving to be able to show the supporters what he could do.

Advertisement