Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T610 MP3 Player

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by Faltermyer

2. You cant use any other feature in the phone when using the MP3 player. To be able to text, use WAP and play games when its on would be good.

you used to be able to hold the joystick up and press the no button for a few seconds, and press the joystick in on the T68i and you'd be back in the main menu - you could then use the phone (although there was an idle timeout that would being you back to the MP3 player) - was really handy for wap/email while listening to music - for some reason they removed this "feature" in later firmware revisions though :(

so wouldn't be too hopeful it would work on the T610...

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

Nope! Just tried it.

Just brings you out of everything to the main screen and stops the player.

Prob doesnt help that I only got my Firmware updated this morning!

Thanks anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

yup - don't know why they removed the feature on the T68i - drove everyone nuts!

was probably never available on the T610... don't worry about having your firmware upgraded

BrianG

I got my 256mb card and the USB reader/writer from Shop4memory.com this morning.

But when I put the 256mb card into the MP3 player, it says "Memory Card Not supported" ??

I put the MP3s on it by dragging and dropping from the hard drive to the MMC drive of the reader/writer.

The card doesnt have a name on it though, just a picture of a Butterfly on it??

@LFCFan - was this the same one you got?? Did you have any problems??

I have Win2K pro on my computer, and have used a pre stored driver for the Reader/Writer.

The Flasher part of the software with the Drive is only for Win 98 - is that the problem maybe? Does the card need to be flashed??
    Ive tried formatting it in the usual Windows method as FAT and FAT32 but still no difference(didnt format before using first time- just drag/dropped the files on and tried to use.)

Just to update this:

The paralell port operated Reader/Writer than comes with the MP3 player/card recepticle, also reads and writes to the MMC card fine. But It simply displays "Music Card Not supported" and then "Insert Music Card" ...

Huh??

I like to think I know a little about computers, and also some about phones but im a bit confused here-why would it be compatible with the supplied reader/writer but not the recepticle?

Does anyone know if shop4memory.com operate any returns/exchange service?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by Faltermyer
    The card doesnt have a name on it though, just a picture of a Butterfly on it??

@LFCFan - was this the same one you got?? Did you have any problems??

The one I got is Red, yellow and Blue and says Multimedia Association on it. Work perfectly. Dunno about the reader the MP3 player comes with though. It's such an old piece of sh!t that maybe it can't read anything above 32MB.

No, The 256mb card works fine in the supplied Reader/Writer - i.e. the Ericsson Paralell Port operated one.

It just doesnt work in the MP3 Player.

It is the phone that displays those error messages.

Advertisement