Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom and the Wholesale Line Rental Rate

Options
  • 01-12-2003 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

There was an interview with Bill Murphy in the SBP yesterday and he made an interesting point regarding the likelyhood of a reduction in Eircom's WLR rate. He believed that Eircom management will not allow any reduction until such time as the company floats as the fat cats at Eircom want to maximize their return on the stock options they hold (I'm paraphrazing :D ).

Therefore unless the Govt or Comreg get serious on the issue we'll continue to suffer one of the highest cost BB rates in Europe, with the accompanying lowest take up rates.....

M.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Originally posted by Mr_Man
    There was an interview with Bill Murphy in the SBP yesterday and he made an interesting point regarding the likelyhood of a reduction in Eircom's WLR rate. He believed that Eircom management will not allow any reduction until such time as the company floats as the fat cats at Eircom want to maximize their return on the stock options they hold (I'm paraphrazing :D ).

Therefore unless the Govt or Comreg get serious on the issue we'll continue to suffer one of the highest cost BB rates in Europe, with the accompanying lowest take up rates.....

M.

That article really doesn't say anything new. Easy for Murphy to criticise eircom. ESAT itself stands indited as a lost opportunity, which has achieved nothing worthwhile. They now appear to be content as a niche market operator challenging for the few remaining chunks of eircom's monopoly.

In reality, apart from O'Rourke and Doyle, nobody has done more to perpetuate eircom's stranglehold on the market than ESAT, by dint of its inaction and its ineffectiveness.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I'm very suspicious of WLR. I suspect that Esat are doing nothing to introduce single billing, but at the same time blaming eircom.

Advertisement