Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Time - Santa Strike Force

Options
  • 01-12-2003 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭

Neil Speaking here. with Havelocks permission i'm editing the original post to include some more info bout this. basically its DeV's christmas charity attempt for childrens hospitals et al. Basically the idea is to buy stuff from the Santa Strike Force Wishlist (located on the forum linked below) or alternatively collection of things in decent shape like old games etc. Personally i think the best way to organise this might be for people to chip in a few euro and through the board as a whole contribute to buy something medium price range from the wishlist. As well as anything you feel like giving away :)

Originally Posted By Havelock
    An open letter to all CTYI'ers and the other posters here.

I'm looking to organise a Santa Strike Force, I know most of you may not have the money to donate (being students) but you may have second hand items in good condition that could be donated, if you have money and want to donate, fine as well. This isn't a leage thing or anything, don't feel bad if you can't contribute, just voice your support and ask around, maybe somebody you know can donate good board games books or money to go towards larger gifts etc.
    PM me if you want to help out or donate. I am thinking or organising a mixed forum Strike Force from this one and the Discworld one, but am hoping both contribute enought that they could be each their own Strike Force. There are enought people on both.

FORUM FOR SANTA STRIKE FORCE
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=419

Thanks for your support in advance,
    -Alex

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I've already pledged my allegiance (should I be able to get my hands on money) to the ninjas working in tandum with Illuminati. Sorry.

But yes, I'd urge all who can to support this movement. SANTA STRIKES!

I'd suggest... <thinks>... probably Neil (being one of the better organised and more ... normal seeming of us) as the guy to drop it all off. But work it out yourselves.

:ninja:

<THIS HAS BEEN A SVEN BASED MESSAGE>
    <THREE PUPPIES DIED DURING FILMING>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

Damn your black clad ninja secret world leader masters.
    *shakes fist*

Seriously, Neil pointed out that my above message may have been too demanding. What i am looking for is people, if they want to donate 5-10 euro (we won't say no to 1 or 2 even), old consoles (if you've got 'em) and games. Books in good nick (condition, not shop lifted) toys (we all still have some) lego espically (easy to clean and endless fun). So if you have anything, (execpt negative comments, appricate constructive critism though) please PM me to let me know.

Thanks for your charity all.
    -Alex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Can't this be deleted or unstickified now? ... Not complaining or anything... just noticed and thought I'd comment.

Advertisement