Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using IIS for ASP.NET

Options
  • 01-12-2003 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

This is similar to the thread "Installing ASP.NET" but its related to IIS. Im trying to get ASP.NET working on my home computer i.e using a personal web server. I have the .net framework installed, IIS installed, I have a development program (Visual studio .net). How do I set it up? Ive realised its the permissions to do with asp.net, I can get normal asp pages working through the Intepub/wwwroot folder but not asp.net pages?

Anything Im missing? :confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

The most common reason Ive seen for this is because either .net didnt configure the IIS server correctly first time round, or because the web server was installed after the .net framework.

There's a program actually in the .net framework directory for fixing this...should be somewhere like C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322 and the file is called regiis.exe. Run this, reboot, and see if it sorts you out. Thats usually the main culprit.

You also may need to configure the IIS Server (ir at least the virtual directory that your app is in) to run as some user other than the normal IIS one. However, this is - I recall - well covered on virtually any site you hit from searching google for something like "howto configure iis asp.net"

Oh - theres also two security groups called Debuggers and VS Developers (or something like that). You need your user in both, and whatever user IIS runs under in Debuggers if memory serves. This should be done automatically, but you should check to see anyway. SHould be covered in anything you find from the google search I mentioned anyway.

Oh - one other thing...you mentioned Personal Web Server. I dont know if you meant IIS or not, but I don't think .net is compatible with PWS - you need the full-blown IIS for it. I could be wrong on that one, mind...

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭hertz

No, your right you do you need full IIS for .net

Advertisement