Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Santa Strike Force: Scuba Squad

• 01-12-2003 5:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

If you haven't read DeVores announcement already then read it here.

As you've probably guessed I think our little community here could help out. What's going to happen is the Admins are building an Amazon wishlist and then individuals or groups buy items of the wishlist. Boards will then handle the donations from there.

I've a couple of ideas how to do this but I'm not doing anything unless YOU lot say so. Firstly we could get up a kitty and when its full but some items or secondly people could agree to buy an item, I will purchase it send you the receipt and you cough up the cash (or bank draft, cheque, postal order).

What do you think? (It is Christmas after all).

Phil

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Here's the provisional list. Its going to be reviewed by a child care worker for suitablity but it gives you an idea of what we can do (I'm thinking an xbox).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Mick L

HO HO HO

Sure count me in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

I'd actually love to help out but i dont have a credit card!! is there anything else i can do phil to help out without having to get me a credit card??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Yup sure i'll cough up....you gotta think of the kids.

I've sent you a pm AL][EN but you might want to have a look at this too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Phil - I'm in.

Right folks, that's five of us, if we chip in €20 euros each I'll add the extra 7 quid or whatever and we can buy the purple gamecube. All those in favour say aye!

Aye.

Aye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Originally posted by Evil Phil
    Right folks, that's five of us, if we chip in €20 euros each I'll add the extra 7 quid or whatever and we can buy the purple gamecube. All those in favour say aye!

I'm thinking about auctioning my most prized posession. It's the Limited edition numbered DVD os Evil Dead 2 in a tin. tis no longer availible to buy so I rekon it should fetch between €50 and €100. I've PM'd a mod from the for sale board to see if they will "relax" the rules so I can auction it.

Whatever I get for it I'll donate to this fund Phil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭offroadannie

i'm in too - aye

So how will we do this, will I buy it and you give me cash or will we lodge the money into the strike force account?

I'd say put it into the account so that whoever buys the gamecube or whatever can get controllers, games etc to go along with it. Seems a less messy way to do it, maybe ask Dev which is handiest.

A Super Seasonal Scuba Squad Santa Strike

sounds good to me Mick

Phil,

Any update on this endeavour?
    Are we going ahead and transferring to the SSF account (details of which are where???) or doing something else, e.g. transfer/send money to you and you get it to appropriate place??

I've bought the purple game cube for a total of £86.88. Which is 123.658 EUR. Sort me out at the Christmas beers or pm me and I'll give you my bank details.

So, is a quick hand job ok?:ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Hey phil i tried PM'ing you back but it says your PM deely is full.

Thats cool thx for the link do you still want me to hand over the cash or will i just give the cash to dev at the Xmass bash?

Originally posted by Peace
    So, is a quick hand job ok?:ninja:

You're my bitch anyway so no, a hand job is not okay. As much cash as you can afford will do though.

A sure grand, couldn't find me rubber gloves anyway. I could have sworn i left it with my gimp suit somewhere.

20yoyo at the xmas thingy it is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement