Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

linux quake, cant get it to work

Options
  • 02-12-1999 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

i downloaded the glquake exe for linux from
    linuxgames.com and done what it said to do
    but it wont work can any one help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

OK, now this is annoying. There is a linux board... there are hundreds of sites telling ou how to get quake running under linux. There are howtos tell u how to get it going

/usr/doc/HOWTO/

ok...

Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

oh dear not another one.

it is linuxquake for gawds sakes and hes only a newbie. surely this is not ot and no wonder newbies think that theres a ****in superior attitude....

sutty what ya need to do is look up "rtfm" on altavista then go do that.

Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

This is just one of those posts where, i'm not as bothered by the forum thingie, but more of as u say, rtfm...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

frist of all i'm not a newbie I'v been playing for a bit now, next, This is a quake board and that was on topic.
    and i tryed what it said in the howto doc's.
    If your going to reply make it an answer not an insult.

I pulled the plug on Dublan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Weird, I'd have thought this was one of the most on topic posts in ages wink.gif
    try www.linuxgames.org theres a link to an excellant quake howto. If you're useing a 3dfx card glquake is easy, read howto, and download the library file the link points to. I never bothered with my tnt, but its prob ok to use a standard linux opengl library, i forget the name, but think theres a link to it too. Would guess unless its a 3dfx card the fps will be ****, graphics card manufacturers are taking their own sweet time to release drivers for linux. Mostly the drivers are being written by ppl with nothing to do with the companies,
    Quozl

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Yeah, stop picking on Sutty.

That was an entirely relivant question.

El

Advertisement