Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NETHOUSE (Rathmines) --- Friday 3rd December 1999

Options
  • 30-11-1999 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

Okay,

Who's on for this? I'd like an auld idea of who will be there for my virgin experience of LAN Gaming and beering with the biggest slappers on the Irish Gaming Scene (and yes, I say that with pride! wink.gif )

What's the usual plan, where do I have to be and such? Wouldn't mind a pint beforehand too...

Q3A, UT Instagib and maybe a little AOE 2 too see if I haven't lost my touch since the good old days of the first one, would be my prefered games.

Take it easy Folkles.

T

Lucutus of Borg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

I'll be downn there Friday .. assumin i'm not forgetting some other important event on the same day ....

Either way ... i reckon it'd be good to get a lot of Q3 in and a bit of AOE2 to fill the gaps.

If there be drinking beforehand ... someone post a plan.

I'm assuming doors still open at 8pm .. its £10 ... and there will be a long unpleasant wait for a taxi home afterwards.

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Kewl,

To avoid that wait, t'would probably be best to book the taxi at around 8pm for whatever time it finishes up at....anyone any ideas of finishing time?

T

Lucutus of Borg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

1. Where is nethouse?

2. Is there drink available? (not necessarily £750 a bottle, I like the cheaper stuff normally)...

3. Where is nethouse?

4. Ummm.....

Al.

Right Al,

Once again with the directions i see .... smile.gif

If you can find your way to Rathmines;

1-Walk away from the big shopping centre (having purchased a few beers first)
    2-Towards Tram Co. (a Bar - everyone on the streets will know it-Its right at the other end of the main Rathmines road)

Nethouse is a small Net cafe with a blue sign in-between Tram Co and a Games/pool Aracade.

It's a tenner and tho i've only been there the one time .. it's a laugh and seems to stay open till probably 4-5am depending on whether people have the motivation to stay or not. NO probs with bringing as much beer as ye like to the place .. and a few pints in the pub next door might be in order as well.

What d'ye think people?

J.

[This message has been edited by Jak (edited 30-11-99).]

excellent...... maybe I'll stay sober and I might win a game even....

nah forget that idea... smile.gif

Al.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Lucutus,

I'm definitely going to be there friday at about 8.30-9.00. Looking forward to playing you on lan. Also Shadow and DNK hope your up for a railing session. It would be great if about 8-10 people turned up for some team q3, UT capture the flag and AOE2. I'll probably go for a pint TRAMCO's before. Tramco's is right beside the nethouse. So hope to see ya. Also love to see all you Quake3 players there for a big bash. smile.gif

Jedi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

Right here's da SHHTORYY
    This Friday is going to be the biggest
    Gaming night Rathmines has seen to date!!

MASSIVE pre-Xmas Session

We are really pushing it

So everyone please come

vAGGA that even includes u and u're UT fly boys!!

Anyway we've 21 machines......just imagine.....
    Bring Beer and we'll organise PiZZa during the night as usual.

So, who have we got for tomorrow night?

Myself,
    Jedi,
    Jak,
    Trojan,
    Shadow...

...Any more takers?

Lucutus of Borg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Also

El-pres
    Sutty
    gerry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

I will be there too for some AOE2, Starcraft , Q3A and UT.

• Advertisement

How many systems do we have at our disposal?

Lucutus of Borg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭FurY

I'm game. Tired of raping knightmare bots(i wish) smile.gif Jedi, can u get in contact with me?
    F.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

21 PIII 450 with V3 3000 and 21" monitors
    and a 100baseT swicth

smile.gif So, we're on for a 21 player FFA DM then?

Now, all we need are players.....

heh heh

wink.gif

Lucutus of Borg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

sounds like fun!

Okay, one other thing before I forget...

None of you have really ever met me...(apart from Gandalf, Dev and one or two others...), so...

...If any of you people see this ugly *******... http://www.celtic.ireland.org/regulars/lucutus.html

...waiting in TramCo tomorrow night over a pint of Carlsberg, be sympathetic, go over sit down introduce yerself and buy him a pint, buying him a pint is VERY IMPORTANT, because it inspires his confidence in you as a person.

Also, by ensuring that the is a lot of alcohol in him before Nethouse, you are also making sure his railgun aim is off by 0.2% which means less frags for him and possible victory for you.

I love blasting my ego up to something I can't hope to live upto! wink.gif

T

Lucutus of Borg

wassa story with configs etc?

umm oh yeah havent got a config.... q3 got same binds as qw? better do some lookin up thingy stuff....

Al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Ladies, its gonna be a blast.

q3 4v4's , I can hardly wait smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

all those levels that are just made for 4v4's like...
    oh wait what am i saying..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Kali, we got one level and thats plenty.

• Advertisement

Ok,

Me gonna be there,

Al, i'll bring down a small selctions of Q3 and Q1 cfg's on a disk ... what time are we all gonna meet say 8.30pm in Nethouse?

Drop off Beers.
    Then leave for a bit of drinkin and head back ... i reckon nethouse is best place to meet b4 headin to TramCo... as TC is rather big and a few ppl won't recognise each other.

Make the decision ppl,

J.

[This message has been edited by Jak (edited 03-12-1999).]

8:30pm tonight is kewl for me....

See yah then Jak!

sunglasses.gif

Lucutus of Borg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

OK I'll be coming along. Luc I'll hit TramCo Around 9pm. UT Instagib here I come smile.gif

Gandalf.

www.gibworld.com/gandalf gandalf@gibworld.com

Kewl Ganders,

Do we have a full version of UT for Instagib? Wouldn't mind checkin' out a few of the other levels...

As well as that, in the full version of UT I *have*, there's no instagib gametype option? Does this have to be enabled somewhere by completing levels or something? Or, eh, Did evil messiah bob-like angels come and take away my instagib option?

smile.gif

Lucutus of Borg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

When you're starting a game, click the 'mutators' button and add it - you can use instagib with anything, CTF, Assault etc. It's a bit mad with CTF. smile.gif

Teeth.

Nice one Teeth,

I was getting worried that it wasn't included or something! *shudder*

Lucutus of Borg

[This message has been edited by Lucutus (edited 03-12-1999).]

Advertisement