Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[UK] Silvermead offers 1Mbit DSL for £29 inc Vat, 2Mbit £39 inc Vat

Options
  • 01-12-2003 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭

Silvermead, I think they have posted here before as they also offer satellite broadband, have recently launched their own ADSL packages in the UK and Northern Ireland.

More info on pricing is here:
    http://www.silvermead.net/adsl/residential.html

Their biggest plans offer 1Mbit and 2Mbit ADSL for £29.99 and £39.99 respectively, both inclusive of VAT. I think it is important to keep track of DSL prices in the UK.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

you also get a static IP address and there's no Cap. 50:1 contention though could be a pain. Still, for a few quid extra over €ircon's 512Kb's, 48:1, 4 GB Cap package you can have 2Mbit and no Cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

yeah its all nice and well saying what the offer is, but whats the service like? netsource?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

wouldnt touch them with a barge pole esp after i used their satellite service

total bunch of wasters and the guy running it is a total plank who lies through his teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

ADSL is a totally different service to satellite, I would not compare the two. From what I have heard, while DSL is quoted as 1:50 contention in the UK, it is rarely more than 1:10 actually, and most people seem to (virtually) always get the maximum speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

ADSL is a totally different service to satellite

really????? news to me............................................

read what i said, the same guy runs the whole shabang, he did everything for them and probably still does, he lied constantly and was a complete prick, pity all the forum posts have being long erased by his good self.

• Advertisement
Advertisement