Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

giggs and ronaldo escape without ban !!!

• 01-12-2003 9:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭

Ryan Gigggs was fined £7000 and Christiano Ronaldo was fined £4500 after their involvment in the united arsenal skirmish this season. also rio ferdinand scheduled decision time is december 18 (how the **** can it take that long to see if he missed the test on purpose )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Big Ears
    also rio ferdinand scheduled decision time is december 18 (how the **** can it take that long to see if he missed the test on purpose )

also FIFA are really pissed about the fact that he has been playing since the news came about that he missed the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Both players definitely didn't deserve a ban as there is players pushing each other in nearly every match and nothing happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

If Found guilty he will be banned, why should united make that ban longer by not playing him when he is eligable. what if the drop him and he is found guilty. After all other players have been accused of much worse crimes recently and are still playing.
    Fergie is right to stand by his player, thats what team spirit is all about, the time to punish him will come if he is found guilty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Of course he should play, he is still deserved due process. I know he missed it but if it was that simple then why is the hearing delayed so much?

Also Utd would be stupid to bench a key player when they dont have to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Originally posted by The Muppet
    Fergie is right to stand by his player, thats what team spirit is all about, the time to punish him will come if he is found guilty.

I have little doubt that he will be found guilty, I am just curious about what he will be found guilty of. Is it a misconduct charge that he is facing ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    Both players definitely didn't deserve a ban as there is players pushing each other in nearly every match and nothing happens.

well if they didnt deserve a ban neither did the arsenal players.

I believe he is facing a miscondut charge. Havn't a clue why the charges are not more serious and the reason for the delay in processing them.

Prominent England players are usually treated leniently by the FA (shearer dancing on heads etc etc) but this has generated so much comment from FIFA perhaps the FA are in a bit of a sticky legal situation regarding precedent.

for united fans out there i can guarantee united will not be docked points as neither fifa nor the fa has told them not to play rio so therefore its not there fault. Lets just hope the ban is over 6 months and for some crazy reason he cant train either :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

No surprise here. The two united players didnt deserve a ban, but then again, neither did most of the arsenal players. The entire thing is a farce and tbh only really adds credence to wengers "theyre out to get us" state of mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Keown deserved one imo, dont think the rest did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

well if u look at the video of the antics at the match ryan giggs didn`t do ne thin to deserve a £7,000 fine, that im sure he have "lying in the ashtray"

btw im not a MAN.U supporter just my Opinion

regards
    steve

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 201 ✭✭Rodney Trotter

Jaap Stam and Edgar Davids both got 3 month bans after it was proved they took drugs. Why should somone who didn't take drugs get a stiffer penalty than that? It would be ridiculous if Rio got longer than that.
    I say, fine him about £250k.

As for the English FA and FIFA? What a bunch of idiots. This Palios tosser takes some beating. And as for threatening Utd about going to the courts if Rio is banned? It is every person's right to go to the courts if they so wish.

Look at Marc Bosman? He went to the courts and Football had to fall in with the decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    also FIFA are really pissed about the fact that he has been playing since the news came about that he missed the test
    thats bull thats more or less saying he is guilty before he is charged!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Originally posted by woosaysdan
    thats bull thats more or less saying he is guilty before he is charged!!!

But he is guilty!!!

He missed the test

What I can't understand is why the FA have dragged their feet for so long on this.

yeah but the fa havent decided this yet at the mo he is not guilty of any thing he is been brought up against the fa but has not been charged yet with anything so should be allowed play!!!

But he is guilty!!!

He missed the test

Missing the test is not an offence.

DELIBERATELY missing the test is an offence and has not been proven!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The testers actually came to Old Trafford and told Rio and two other players to come with them for a test. Rio said he had to go to the toilet or something and he then never came back. He went to the FA the next day and told them he forgot he had a test and he got it done then. Players don't get any notice when they have to take a test as they can just avoid taking drugs until the date so they usually have to take it after a match.

I don't think Rio was afraid of testing positive, he just thought he had something more important to do and didn't realise the consiquences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

So then he rang a doctor and left the ground without letting anybody know he was going. Innocent as sin.

Is that right? eirebhoy
    The testers actually came to Old Trafford and told Rio and two other players to come with them for a test. Rio said he had to go to the toilet or something and he then never came back. He went to the FA the next day and told them he forgot he had a test and he got it done then.

Look at what you want to post before you do.

WHo knows what went on and what stories are being made up and peddled around? You don't and I don't and, in the final result, who cares? If he's banned, there will be another player in his place. Big deal.

whats the bet the starter of this thread is just another jealous A.B.U. go eat a lemon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Rio deserves to get banned...everyone is saying that he just forgot but was it not after a big match and did he not almost not pass fit for the England game due to Kidney problems....I suspect he missed it on purpose!.. See Sepp Blatter wants Man U's points won with Rio on the pitch to be void....wouldn't that be cool Leicester ahead of Man U!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

that will never happen

Originally posted by woosaysdan
    whats the bet the starter of this thread is just another jealous A.B.U. go eat a lemon

u dont have to be the shaprest knife in the drawer to find that out (infact the rustiest peice of **** knife could do that ). But in fairness to myself i defended united when people started talking about docking them points.

also ive heard that viera got an extra i game ban for not leaving the pitch early enough (heard it off monday night fooball )

A.B.U. and proud

Do You know tommorrow is a school day Big ears.;)

The ferdinand situation is a shambles. It should have been done and dusted by now. I wonder was he on medication for his Kidney trouble and if so how it would have affected his drug test and actions. I,m not saying this is the case but it is a possibility that he was worried his medication would make him fail the test and he panicked, It could also explaing the phone call to the doctor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Great mind think alike...but No offence to you if your a Man U or Rio Ferdinand fan...but he is as thick as 2 short planks so it is possible he just forgot but I also find it difficult to believe that he'd think he could fail by taking his pain killers...I'd say it was probably Man U themselves that told him to fly the coup...again speculation but there you go..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Big Ears

also ive heard that viera got an extra i game ban for not leaving the pitch early enough (heard it off monday night fooball )

Can anyone else confirm that this is true?

Talk about a sham :(

Originally posted by The Muppet
    Do You know tommorrow is a school day Big ears.;)

i did know but only had to in for first 3 classes cause of a rugby match :p

Advertisement