Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASP.NET question

Options
  • 01-12-2003 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

<%@ Page Explicit = "True" Language = "VB" Debug= "True"%>
    <%@ Import Namespace = "System.Data"%>
    <%@ Import Namespace = "System.Data.OleDb"%>
    <SCRIPT RUNAT="Server">
    Sub OKButton_Click(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs)
    Dim myPants As string

myPants = Search.text

End Sub
    </SCRIPT>

<HTML>
    <BODY>
    <FORM RUNAT="Server">
    <P>Search</P>

<ASP:TEXTBOX ID="Search" RUNAT="Server" MAXLENGTH="5" COLUMNS = "20"/>

<ASP:BUTTON TEXT="OK" ONCLICK="OKButton_Click" RUNAT="Server"

</FORM>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

Right my question is, the above code is incomplete.... I want to move the contents for search.text to www.blah.com/blah.aspx?first=myPants

Any idea how I can achieve this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 WoodyWoodPecker

try using,

Response.Redirect("http://www.blah.com/blah.aspx?first=&quot; + myPants);

but if the blah.com is not an external web page best to use something like

Response.Redirect("blah.aspx?first=" + myPants);

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Sound, I've a another newbie question for ya

SelectStatement = "Select nameoftxt from story where story_id = "%fileNam%""
    fileNam is an integer and its not working right I've tried using it this way

SelectStatement = "Select nameoftxt from story where story_id = '%" & fileNam & "%'" but thats not working right either. Any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Off the top of my head so don't hold me to it:

"Select nameoftxt from story where story_id = "%fileNam.toString()%""

heres my thoughts,

your current query has the % symbol which indicates to the query to perform wildcard searches, you typically need to use the like operator for this to work...

SelectStatement = "Select nameoftxt from story where story_id like '%" + fileNam.ToString() + "%'"

this should work and give you results, but perhaps too many as filNam with a value of 1 returns 1, 11, 21, 31, etc....

try for a single result (no wildcard search)

SelectStatement = "Select nameoftxt from story where story_id = " + fileNam.ToString();

you may also need to work on the synax of the query depending on database your working with....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Adding further to the mix...

it depends where your code is running. If its client-side, then I would expect it should be something like :

SelectStatement =
    "Select nameoftxt from story where story_id = " & %filename%

(might need + instead of & in that depending on what scripting language you use).

If its serverside, then %filename% doesn't work. Isn't it something like :

SelectStatement =
    "Select nameoftxt from story where story_id = " & Response("filename")

jc

• Advertisement

Might as well stay in the same thread.

<ASP:HyperLinkColumn
    HeaderText = "Title"
    DataNavigateURLField="story_id"

DataNavigateURLFormatString =="javascript:varwin=window.open(''preview.aspx?story_id={0}'',null,'width=692,height=25');"
    DataTextField="Title"

/>

Parser Error Message: Literal content ('<ASP:HyperLinkColumn HeaderText = "Title" DataNavigateURLField="story_id" DataNavigateURLFormatString =="javascript:varwin=window.open(''preview.aspx?story_id={0}'',null,'width=692,height=25');" DataTextField="Title" />') is not allowed within a 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridColumnCollection'.

Any idea? Should I be include a specific namespace or what? Cheers for the help on the last one.

i think the issue lies with the "==" in the assignment of DataNavigateURLFormatString, just remove the second equal operator something like this....

<ASP:HyperLinkColumn
    HeaderText = "Title"
    DataNavigateURLField="story_id"

DataNavigateURLFormatString ="javascript:varwin=window.open(''preview.aspx?story_id={0}'',null,'width=692,height=25');"
    DataTextField="Title"

/>

this will probably work, your window will popup and you see your data come across but in the background a new window may open and the text "[object]" may appear if so use this snippet of code (method of opening the popup changes),

<asp:HyperLinkColumn HeaderText="Title" DataNavigateUrlField="story_id" DataNavigateUrlFormatString="javascript:void(window.open('preview.aspx?story_id={0}',null,'width=692,height=225'));" DataTextField="Title" ></asp:HyperLinkColumn>

Perfect thanks.

Advertisement