Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRELANDS first Q3 League.

Options
  • 01-12-1999 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭

HIV are game, i can help you out on the league end of things as well.

I'd hope we can get a q3 teamplay server up and running on ign, then the league admins could get admin access to it for running the league. having said that, HIV can run a uk q3 teamplay server, conns from here are good to it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

JEDI

u da man... :-)

I'll talk to you about it on Friday night.
    Nethouse might be able to help out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Actually on that subject I'd like to ask if there is anybody willing to start a new clan with me. Or alternatively is there any clan that would be bothered with a weary old veteran?

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Jedi, how about having Team Damage ON for this league - its standard practice in US and Euro q2 leagues at any rate. Stops relentless spamming with the BFG/ grenade launcher/ rocket launcher or whatever, and means a bit more skill and care are involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Yep Team damage will be enabled. We might have a spam arena clan league next year. smile.gif

Jedi

Nice one Jedi smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

sounds good.

Anyone need a player for a clan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Oi,

Muso, Lolth and me makes three smile.gif. Good idea? We can play spam arena when we get bored with Q3. I'm even an LPB, but I'm sh1te. smile.gif

A couple more members and a funky name, and were in.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Oh, and Amp makes four. smile.gif

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

and whitewash makes 5 smile.gif
    not sure if DF are playing in any irish league.
    but im on for it
    and im a deadly player.
    i can win 10-9 against 1 bot on novice player with a 600 ping advantage...so there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Fair play Thomas. Its alot of work matey, anything I can do to help, just ask.

As for a team, sure, you can count on me for a team. Name as yet, un-released biggrin.gif

• Advertisement

Thats fine lads but you need a clan name to enter. smile.gif

Jedi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

Great stuff an irish league again.

Nice one Jedi.

Dunno if HIv need q3 players may do. El Noglidite is the man for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Erm, How good do I need to be ? I've a long way to go to gaining mastery, as Q2 was my 1st experience of fps multiplay. Praps I could be sponge boy or somthin' til I get l33t. See I can even talk the talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

ok us cheekymonkeys are up for it , [CM] will bite ur world

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Ehhh... a dilemma:

I LIKE Q3, am a seasoned Q1 online solo player, but I have never played with a clan. I don't know many people who are interested in forming a clan, but I've had a few offers to join others. I haven't played online for months, but I've been kikkin' ass in Q3 on LAN and against Bots. Any advice anyone? If u want to try me out for a new Q3 clan or summat, e-mail me: Sico_@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yeah...
    but can you walk the walk?
    (it needs 2 million fps by the way smile.gif)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Hey Muso,
    Im up for a Q3 clan smile.gif
    Problem is Im kindof, well a newbie sad.gif
    Well u got my support if u want it smile.gif

And no I cant walk the walk.
    Why do you think I sit and play quake? :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

I am currently looking for a clan or if two others want to join one I can organise that...
    How good am I?.....
    I can hold my own in a duel with second best bots...hardcore bots I think..

anyway I'm @ : nomegas@ireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

nice one, I can sort hosting, why you will all see very soon!! I can get UK based servers aswell If you want more than IGN ones...

I also would like to join some sort of team, IM total bollix at the game to be honest! but would love to play in it anyway, on the plus side I will always turn up and can drink any of you under the table smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

any CVP wannabees goto: #cvp on quake.irc.ie
    NOW!!!

->20-40<-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

ok too late

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

good man yourself J.

Dk will enter, ill get em up n runnin...

about the lpbs though...
    i dont agree with a 2 limit.Lets face it, limiting the LPBs weakens potentially better teams, even if a lot ARE modemers...
    there are no LPB q1 teams in ireland, it was also discouraged in the leagues, if there was they could compete with a good q1 UK clan...DK could bate a lot of modem uk clans but wouldnt come near a good LPB clan, so for the sake of a higher standard, and simplicity, no runnin around lookin for HPBs and sacrificing LPBs u should leave out that rule. The teams will be able to flourish and get all the players they need, resulting in a higher standard, and a competitive league for everytone to play against, so need to get caught behind again while the UK giants race ahead cos of neat connections

PS im not sayin this cos DK have a rake of LPBs, we dont but id love a really hard game against a rock solid LPB irish clan, cos it hasnt happened since Clan Trinity.

Pat

i agree with H_K there, i think the days of limiting lpb's are coming to an end, like it or not. If we want to play and practice q3 to a high degree then we have to face it that most UK/Euro teams etc are gonna be all lpb, and probably half if not more SLPB.

Therefore why should clans with many lpbs be forced to select two lpbs and two hpbs. Now i know there is many a case where you can say that X HPB is better than Y LPB, and you'd be right, but nonetheless we have to take note of what will be done elsewhere if we wish to compete on an even footing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

too many lpbs ruin it for modemers, you know yourself hk. like the ukpl ffS smile.gif
    and they sux the servers dry

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Debaser

Yeah..I'll get back into it...haven't played in ages...must see how much worse i've gotten.

ALL,

Ok Lads and Lassys, The time has come for someone to get off there ass and get the Q3 Irish scene organised.
    There has been alot of talk about new Q3 clans being formed and old clans converting over to the Q3 way of thinking. So I decided to take on the responsibility of setting up the first Q3 Clan League.
    The full version of the game is due for release in the next few weeks. So I hope to get the ball moving straight after the new year. Lads this for ourselves, If we want to make it a success we have to take it serious and make all games official.
    So what I need to know from you the Quake Community is, Who's interested. So reply with your name and the name of your Clan and hopfully next week or the week after I will Put together a list of interested clans and Some rules and regulations. Lads before we go any further, one of the rules will be a max of 2 LPB's per team, we need to limit this because of the ****e connections here in ireland, so take this onto account when deciding on a team.
    I'm also hoping that some of the fantastic people down at IGN can help us out with a server also.

Looking forward to hearing from you. smile.gif

Tom "[PS].Jedi"

email: thomas.k.howlin@intel.com

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Good man Jedi, fair play to ya.
    I'm interested but currently, ahem, "between" clans smile.gif

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

[Ps].El_Pres

or is it...

dk.El_Pres

Whatever, count me in.

El

[This message has been edited by El_Presidente (edited 02-12-99).]

• Advertisement

All

In response to H-K point.

Q3 is so much different than Q1 lads. In quake1 HPB's could compete very well with LPB's because of things like Large splash damage, no rail gun, etc. This however is not the case for Q3. In Q3 Rocket splash is small and less powerful but is still the main weapon most HPB's use online and also theres the weapon every HPB dreads and that the Rail gun. A team of 4 LPB's no matter how bad they were would easily win a league against the majority of us HPB's in Q3. Also the majority of the players here at home in ireland are playing from Modems except for the lucky college going fokes. So by limiting the number of LPB's per team, the games will be alot more competitive and make it alot more enjoyable for HPB's.

Maybe next year, please god, when NTL provide access through cable we can then change the limit but I think for the the first year, the fairest way is to limit it to 2 lpb's. So you can take this as being final. So pick your teams based on this.

[PS]Jedi

email: thomas.k.howlin@intel.com

[This message has been edited by Jedi (edited 02-12-99).]

Advertisement