Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elliot Smith Tribute Night

Options
  • 02-12-2003 11:19am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭

i've been waiting around for one to happen but so far i've heard nothing and i think its pretty bad form, there's a few being organised in the US but nothing this side, it'd be a huge gesture if something could be done, he is a huge loss and deserves to be remembered

t

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

You could always take the initiative.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i know a few people (including myself) who would go to a tribute to such a great musical talent

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

was i still in college, i would have at least organied a small event in the students bar, alas the joys of research job mean i actually have to be in a designated place for 'x' amount of hours a day. but i thought someone with a little more power would have taken the initiative, maybe even an elliot smith tribute night on phantom? but i doubt that due to the short broadcasting hours...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Daylight

I heard yesterday about a tribute being planned for january. Loads of good people being lined up for it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

cool!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

fantastic, thats the best news i've heard !

any clues as to where it'll be on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭lacuna

will you post any details as soon as you know...i'd be very interested!!

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Daylight

As far as I know they are trying to arrange it in Whelans for mid to late january. Guests being organized as we speak!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭der

my band (ellison9 @ www.ellison9.com ) are big e.s. fans and would be well up for playing anything that might be organised.

whoever is organising it - give us a pm or a mail about it, if they/you think us worthy!

cheers

derrick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭karma kabbage

YAY... I'm in! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement