Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[ Mod News ] Galactic Conquest

Options
  • 02-12-2003 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

Well a bit of news on this mod. Galactic Conquest are hard at work on their next release and have released a 2minute video of the Tatooine map (below). Also it looks as though Lucas Arts are going to work on a Battlefield 1942 mod in competition to GC(below, below) :)
    Yep, thats right. You asked for updates and we were long overdue. So we put together some footage from Tatooine of a somewhat older build to tide some of you over until our future release. This 2 minute in-game clip shows a very small piece of what we have in store for you. I'd like to note once again that the content in this video does not represent final quality. We have since added much to Tatooine, such as the new Storm Trooper model. Enjoy!

From galactic-conquest.net

thumb_1.jpg thumb_2.jpg thumb_3.jpg

thumb_4.jpg thumb_5.jpg thumb_6.jpg

icon-Windows.gif GC Mod Tatooine Video
    » http://www.galactic-conquest.net/index.php?page=download.php&action=open&id=90 [ galactic-conquest.net ]
    » http://www.agsn.ca/Gamefiles/Battle%20Field%201942/Mods/Galactic%20Conquest/Vids/GC_Tatooine_preview.avi [ agsn.ca ]
    » http://www.bf42.com/index.php?site=file&id=140 [ BF42.com ]
    A LucasArts representative confirmed today that the studio is working on a new Star Wars title which it will unveil early next year. Currently called Star Wars: Battlefront, the game will feature online multiplayer war action a la Battlefield 1942 set in the Star Wars universe.
    Although some rumors pegged Battlefront as a PlayStation 2-exclusive title, LucasArts told GameSpot the game would be available on PS2, Xbox and PC. The studio declined to reveal any other details on the game, although a Battle of Hoth map is all but guaranteed.

From .gamespot.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

so is the lucas arts version going to be a mod for 1942 or a separate game altogether just using the bf1942 engine?

Also does anbody know of servers that play GC cuz i haven't been able to find any as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I believe the Lucas Arts "Star Wars: Battlefront" to be a game similar to GC/Battlefield 1942 not a mod. It is just suprising that they are going to create a new game similar to BF but in Star Wars. They [Lucas Arts] were in talks with GC a while ago concerning copyright and legal stuff so i guess that must have been sorted out.

I doubt it will be a BF Mod. Also EA/Dice would not let the mrelease it as a stand-along mod [a-la CS/DoD retail to HL].

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

oh right cool. that video is fairly pants! kinda boring really

Advertisement