Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screenshots of ALL Q3A levels.... ....(Yes! Even the CTF ones!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Right just looking at the first one of these, Q3DM1, reminded me of something I found while playing Q3 for the first time. They've opted for 'invisible walls where it is ilogical to have walls'. Q1/Q2 were great for discovering little walls to RL-jump up to and little hideaways. The statues in Q3DM1, like many other things in many other levels, are nothing more than big blocks of stupidity. Invisibly cubed-off. That's TERRIBLE...

[This message has been edited by Vorosha (edited 02-12-1999).]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Yeah, I tried to rocket jump up beside one of the statues on Q3DM1, (Probably to try to blend in and camoflage myself, who knows?), but to no avail, big invisible cubes they're set in...

...still, it's not terrible...I can do without perching on a statue like a swallow on Nelsons Pillar just before the...*snip*

Lucutus of Borg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Gerry

Poor old nelson. He never knew what hit
    him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

ARGH!

Horrible rubbishy jump pads EVERYWHERE!

Look at those CTF levels... whoever designed those had a jumppad fetish. And not a huge level of imagination, given how samey they are.

I'm disappointed, I was really looking forward to seeing what id put together for Q3 CTF sad.gif But their levels are waaaaaaay too conventional I fear. Ho-hum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Shinji,

I can't wait for some mod-maker to enable the grapple code and design some seriously kewl maps!

(Which will, of course happen, given the demand!)

wink.gif

...so don't be frettin', just yet.

Lucutus of Borg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I'm not about to start getting into a game just because someone will probably release a really good mod sometime in the future :/

I love UT CTF, but Q3 CTF interested me loads because Q2CTF rocked, and I wanted to see if Q3CTF would be as good... I'm no longer interested, after seeing those map screenshots. Frankly, they look boring, with the exception of the one with all the platforms which just looks stupid.

sad.gif

BTW, the thing about the statues etc being cubed off - it's because id can't do collision detection on curved surfaces. Not their fault, it's just a git to do in pure math.

[This message has been edited by Shinji (edited 02-12-1999).]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Pretty levels, but will they play well?

I have to agree with Shinji there, (shock!), but my thoughts are wtf are they doing with the jump pads? like why use jump-pads when you can grapple!

nggg, desperation setting in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 GoatBoy

We've been playing the rc for the last week (got the final build yesterday) and there's some really good war and 1v1 maps. Only time will tell how many of them will become classics. Lets not forget that only DM2,3,4,6, e4m3 and e2m1 have stood the test of time in QW... and before u start naming other q1 maps that i've left out.. no-one plays them anymore. from what i can see the irish quake scene has spent the last year and a half CA bouncing around DM3 and *****ing at each other. I really hope that q3a brings back some of the fun pick up games be it wars, ctf or whatever like when DAoD ruled quake.indigo.ie.

lates

17|goatboy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

hardly a shock, considering the only multiplayer levels ID made for, and released with, quake were dm1, dm2, dm3, dm4, dm5, dm6 anyway

the only deathmatch levels that ARENT played much in quake are dm1 and dm5, and even dm5 is played on most ffa servers

[This message has been edited by Koopa (edited 03-12-1999).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Im sorry, but you just havent lived until you have had a 10 v 10 on DM1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

5v5 q2dm1... bliss...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Spaceman

Does anyone else feel like a sitting duck after departing a jump pad??? (Could be just that bots dont miss)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

jump pads are totally gay and should be removed from the game, or else they should make an idiot mode for every map where you can play with jump pads and massive metal things that do 10000 damage when you sit near them

Advertisement