Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

possibly bi...?

Options
  • 02-12-2003 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Im a twenty year old male, and i've always thought i was straight,
    but recently i've been having fantasies about men, some of my friends i've been
    looking at in a different light, wondering just what it'd be like, only certain guys
    though, most guys i look at and wonder, its kinda disturbing. I've only ever had sex with one woman, we went out for a few months, the sex was good but not great like i'd expected it, so what do you's reckon, might i be bi, or is this just a phase or something?

btw, im a regular on boards and am posting anon for obvious reasons and no
    this is not a troll

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Hey,
    I'd suggest taking a look at this information on the Gay Health Project website. Its about coming out but I'm not suggesting this to you, I just think its a general good read about anyone thats questioning their sexuality.

The only person who can really decide if you are bi or not is yourself. If you feel sexually attracted to guys you can either do nothing about it and just keep seeing girls or you can "experiment" with guys. It could be that your curious and want to see what its like and once the curiosity is satisfied you might decide that girls are more fun afterall.

Just don't pressure yourself to do anything you do not want to do, this includes what I advised. :)

As for only liking certain guys, I was the same when I first started noticing guys, it was only a small tiny percentage of guys I was attracted to. I'm attracted to a greater % now but theres no way anyone can be attracted to all types.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm a regular but posting unreg for the same reason.

I too felt the same at your age, am now 22, and I know I'm still stright.

It was a phase, I too started looking at guys differently, then I experimented out of sheer curiousity, I wasn't impressed.

Its up to you what you want to do, only you can answer the question as to what sexual preference you have.

Best of luck, hope you make the right decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Sounds more like curiosity than anything else, but curiosity can lead to discovery, so... don't worry about it too much, don't try to slap a label on yourself right away, experiment a bit if you feel like it, and keep an open mind. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Don't let him escape guys!! Another recruit for the queer army building, ready to destroy the church, god and society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭dendenz

Phlematic u might just scare him off doing that lol!!

The best thing to do is to think, why not try the gay scene I suppose, I did, dont like it at all. Find a couple of gay/bi friends or even straight friends who would be willing to go out with you to the places,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Try it out. I'm straight myself (never confused), but if you want, goto a pub that consists of like-minded people.
    The George may seem intimidating, but there's a pub in Temple Bar Square that has "gay nights" (a mate found out when a number of guys took a sudden intrest in him, but none of the girls were :D ).

As Unreg guy 22 said, and is true for some people of the age that you now are, you'll be proberly be in an area (college, work-place, etc) that may question your beliefs, etc.

Finally, the line were you say "some of my friends i've been looking at in a different light", make sure, and look at similar looking people, who are strangers.
    By this I mean, that wot you feel as loyality, etc, in the wrong state of mind, may make you belive that your somehow "drawn" to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by the_syco

The George may seem intimidating, but there's a pub in Temple Bar Square that has "gay nights" (a mate found out when a number of guys took a sudden intrest in him, but none of the girls were :D )

Its called Tease and its in the Temple Bar Music Centre around twice a month on a saturday.

Advertisement