Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100MB Switch

• 02-12-2003 3:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭

Which companies sell switches (100MB) that have 'kettle lead' power connectors, obviously with an internal psu? I can easily find switches, but

a) they all have external power adaptors and
    b) I only need something with around 4 ports.

The 3com superstack ones are along the lines of what I want, but I really can't really spend much on it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Why do you need one with an internal PSU/kettle lead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Possibly he's connecting it to a UPS? last one I bought was a D-link 16-port 10/100 and that has a standard power cord (its only 45 quid or something iirc).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

we have a netgear 16 port switch which has internal psu, i think they do them in 8 port as well. Google for their website. Doubt u'd get a 4port internal, the psu would be bigger than the hub part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭Static

It's to replace something used in a webfarm. Space and power considerations are tight :)

I'll check out the netgear and dlink products. Thanks guys.

Advertisement