Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well Q3A is on sale here...

Options
  • 06-12-1999 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Just in time from Christmas again, wonder if it will be buggy as Q2 was at release.

More to the point though, exactly what is in Q3A? All I can see if more MDL's flashy graphics, Bots, DM+CTF. If this is all then it's really not worth buying.

Someone tell me how this has more in it then UT? (and I'm not looking for something like a QvQ2 argument smile.gif)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Gerry

If you play it properly for several hours.
    ( and not just half heartedly for 10 minutes
    or not at all) you will realise that gameplay
    wise, it is far superior to UT. Sure, ut
    might have more options, but it
    does not feel nearly as good. The physics
    and general engrossment factor in q3 is just far superior. IMHO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

I think maybe UT is one hundred times better than Q3 and possibly Q3 is five million times better than Q1 and Q2 put together IMDO

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Actually I played the Q3 beta for some time, but it was just DM and that can get boring very quickly.

So far InstaGib DM on UT is extremly intensive gameplay, your forced not to camp because one shot kills and your weapon can only fire in one direction (no spamming) and shows your location. Add that to last man standing and it can get even more hairy.

But I'm just wondering what else is in Q3A?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

nothing much smile.gif

looking forward to games based on Q3's engine tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Well, if you have played that much of it and it hasnt clicked for you yet then I would say go play UT.

Just PLEASE, PLEASE do me one little favour. When you feel the need to talk to all your little UT friends about UT and how great UT is and all your krazy instagib maddness, DO IT ON THE UNREAL BOARD.

This way we can all live in peace. With UTers in the UT section and quakers in the quake section.

El

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Hey I am tongue.gif Blame Muso, he was feeling neglected.

Only posted here cause I wanted an honest Q3A opinion of those who have played it to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

What about those of us who go both ways (UT and Q3, that is) WHAT IS THERE FOR US!!! biggrin.gif

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

We could rename this the FPS board. Seems to be that way already. Stop lots of b1tching too. Frankly I dont care what comes up here, I read most of it and enjoy reading the varied debates between the 2 games. Oh and right now, Im preferring the one I have the full version of at home, but well, until I have the full version of both, Ill lay off comment. THEN we can have another UT vs Q3 discussion.

The futures looking b1tchy smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I have played the Q3A final. I am told by quake people who saw me play it that its too 'cartooney'. The grenade launcher is 'totally spammy'. And the bots are too intelligent as you get near the top levels.

Saying that IMHO its the nicest looking game Ive ever seen in fairness. Its much nicer loking than UT (on a P3 500 with a TNT2u).

The level design is not what it could be considering ID have been renouned for uber levels b4 now and have 2 full time level designers.

That bot with the gun on his head is a pain in the ass aswell!

I am going to play some more and will post more results later!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i hav3e heard that wheel of time is even better looking.
    but i havent seen any screenies or anything.
    i do know its out and being a big fan of the books, i think i'll rob it from game tomorrow smile.gif

btw, does anyone know if wheel of time is any good?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

it's uuuuh.... weird. Good tho, in a weird kinda way.

And when did El_Pres get a bug in his ass about cross-posts? Get a life.

[This message has been edited by Shinji (edited 06-12-1999).]

its this weeks theme.
    people get to post twice the amount of posts for the price of one

hmmm, should i insert a smiley to show humour or will people see the sarcasm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

-What Skyclad said- Fps Board not like we're wasting people's precious time by posting none quake posts ffs.

Also Wheel of Time, looks quite good - but its a shame you play some ****ty unknown character from the books - and i think my money has to go on Q3 and UT.

J.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

It's also worth noting that Wheel of Time is an Unreal engine based game.Oh and Duke4Ever is too. (whenever it appears)
    Q3 probably looks better but in what way. In a fake cartoony way I would venture. Bear in mind that UT is still using the original Unreal engine and yet it stands up now. You gotta admire that. Curves and fog were always there from the time Unreal first came out.

M

I love you too Shinji

Thanks hun smile.gif

Q3A isnt in the shops until 17th of decmeber
    FACT!

well, at least thats what it says in game?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

naa, I got my copy from the US, sent by my Bro as the prize for winning a bet smile.gif

Indeed El_Pres, only when we have to commit suicide in the dramatic closing moments of this poignant scenario, it's ok cos we'll respawn somewhere else on the map anyway smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

well since i got unlucky and dident end up in dub for collage is there anywhere that i can go for a game of good quakin on good cpu's after x-mass with a cople of m8tes . or somthn like that .

• Advertisement

no.
    p1ss off

Is it posible that like Romeo and Juliet before us our love could bridge the gap between the fueding houses of UT and Q3?

Nah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

well from what im gathering on this bord q3 is out in the shops ??? if so ill be getting q3 and ut tommow so ill say on thursday after playing both for about 8hrs straisgh and to whoever said q3 gets hard when your playing against bots and wana win its only going to make you a better player in the end its about time that you have had smart computer oponents . but i have played both domos and i think that the ut one was better fun to play but q3 looked better in every graphical point

Advertisement