Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nipple Piercing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Barney Mc Goo
    I had mine done in Celestial Ring in the Stephens Green S.C. and it cost €45

It also was a woman who pierced me so you shouldn't be worried about a strange man doing it.

That's Triona, she's really nice, she pierced mine.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I've had mine done nearly a year and a half now.
    and I still find that crust does be on it daily when I wake up, and it can still puss.
    and kind of puss pimples grow every now and then right beside the hole of the ring, these usually burt/squirt out when I am in the shower because of the heat,
    though times it can look grand, and then 2 days later it can look a bit worse for wear.. not too sure why this is, anoyne got any idea's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 DigitalAngel

Straight bars are the best thing for new nipple piercings - for just about all new piercings atch.
    Rings have a tendancy to move about and rotate in the piercing too much, and also just generally get bumped around due to the fact that they are more exposed than bars.

Look after it well, don't overclean it, and use sea salt soaks on it twice a day for the healing period and all will be well.

As an aside, I've heard nothing but good things about Snakebite and Bodyshock :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Originally posted by Lenny
    ......it can still puss.
    and kind of puss pimples grow every now and then right beside the hole of the ring, these usually burt/squirt out when I am in the shower because of the heat....

You have just put me off getting it done.
    Every time I am a bit locked, I always end up stating that I am gonna either get a tattoo or get a nipple pierced. The next day, of course, it is the last thing on my mind. I think I know why piercing parlours don't open after midnight....

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

They don't hurt or anything, I am not sure if anyone else has this problem or maybe its just that the piercing isn't right for me.
    You should get it done and see how it feels on you and what you think about it, its not sore at all. well ok, everything can be a bit sore, but the pain is only felt for a *fraction* of a second, and after that its grand. mine never gets hurt by taking off my top, i don't even notice it if the ring gets lifted up while taking off my top or anything, one thing I find annoying is when its cold and your nipples go hard, it tends to retract against the ring and feels funny, just put your hand over it on the outside of your shirt to warm it up a bit lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 DigitalAngel

Urgh!
    That's not actually puss, it's lymph, and it's a good thing - your immune system is working well, and your piercing is healing properly. It's basically some white blood cells, platelets and dead cells.

Puss is something else entirely, and will only be seen in infected piercings. That's usually green or reddish/bloodstreaked, and will smell bad. If it's come to that stage your aftercare has been lacking, or there was nickel or something like that in the metal.

If in doubt, always, always go back to your piercer to have them check it out, and don't take out the jewellery - you have to wait til the infection clears first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by DigitalAngel
    If in doubt, always, always go back to your piercer to have them check it out
    Or a d.o.c.t.o.r.!!

Originally posted by Victor
    Or a d.o.c.t.o.r.!!
    Eh no. Doctors (as a rule) tend to be very ignorant about piercings and just tell you to take the piercing out. In most cases taking out an infected piercing is a VERY bad idea as the entrance and exit holes heal very quickly and trap the infection inside. I've heard of men and women developing mastitis from doing just this.

Unless the infection is extremely bad, any infected piercing can be treated without removing the jewellery. Anyway, nine times out of ten there IS no infection. Angry piercings often look a lot worse than they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭R33F

I had my nipple piercing stretched whilst living in Dublin at SnakeBite...

It got a little infected, and I was told to leave the jewelry in.

The infection stemmed from me not taking good enough care of it.

No regrets though... and the gf lurrrves it
    :D

You could try some Savlon healing cream (not the liquid). It can kill an infect and promotes the skin growth, although I wonder is skin growth what you actually want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Heres a really dumb newbie question - which nipple does a straight guy get pierced ?
    Are any messages taken from Left Vs Right nipple pierceing ?

Id rather avoid the prospect of radiating the 'wrong message' on future beach trips.

And another thing, I got this 'DIY' sterilized body piercer thingy.
    It seems to work on largely the same principles as a stapler.
    Anyone know what Im talking about ?
    Are these a good idea ?

Originally posted by Gurgle
    And another thing, I got this 'DIY' sterilized body piercer thingy. It seems to work on largely the same principles as a stapler. Anyone know what Im talking about ? Are these a good idea ?
    No mention of anastethic, sounds painful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Haven't actually used it.
    You can only use it once, comes with a ring and it *looks* fairy quick & painless.
    I'll let you know tomorrow if someone tells me which nipple to do.

left nipple.. ?
    You're going to pierce yourself? would yea not get a mate to do it, cause you might stop yourself half way through, or may not push the needle through fast enough becuase you'd be afraid of hurting yourself..

Originally posted by Gurgle

And another thing, I got this 'DIY' sterilized body piercer thingy.
    It seems to work on largely the same principles as a stapler.
    Anyone know what Im talking about ?
    Are these a good idea ?

Yes, it's a piercing gun, AVOID! This pushes the blunt stud through your skin, it just tears the skin, is extremely painful and will inevitably reject.
    How much did this kit cost you? You can get your nipple pierced by a professional for about 30 euro ffs!
    I really REALLY wouldn't **** around with something like this yourself, google 'mastitis' which is something men AND women can get from infection in the breast area.

Originally posted by Lenny
    left nipple.. ?
    You're going to pierce yourself? would yea not get a mate to do it, cause you might stop yourself half way through, or may not push the needle through fast enough becuase you'd be afraid of hurting yourself..

Not a gud idea to do it yourself at all !!

Etho_ is right, it will reject !!

As far as left or right nipple......

Get 'em both done !!!!

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Zoton

I got my nipple pierced about 4 and a half years ago. I got the right one done (since i play guitar and didn't want the strap chaffing.) The most painful part was the clamp, the needle didn't hurt. I was a bit tender for a couple of days, and couldnt really stretch. After a few days though it was fine.
    As long as you look after it and clean it regularly you should be fine.
    I paid IR£25 at the time, and got a circular barbell. Used metalworks in galway. Very professional and friendly. I would definitely recommend them.

I have heard about a loss of sensitivity in the nipple from it for women(none first hand so i dont know how reliable that info is.)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭paulthelegend

As for the sides and the gay thing, when i got mine done i was about 4 years ago (i was 17) and wasnt really worried about it but still i did ask around :) and the majority said the right side was straight-ER but there was no real rule or anything...

Im wondering does anyone have a nipple piercing and do any martial arts or anything like that? wondering is there any like plastic cover like a gum shield for your piercing :) i got a serious rip on it and so close to coming out but thank god it went back into place, only about 10% of the bar is showin now, but just wondering when should you consider taking it out and getting it redone if you think its coming out?

I have had my eyebrow done twice and one of the times it ripped out and the other time i took it out cause it was coming out and i wasnt really left with a scare the time i took it out, but theres a big dint where it ripped out, dont want that happening to my nipple :)

Originally posted by paulthelegend
    wondering is there any like plastic cover like a gum shield for your piercing
    Try a suitably sized sticky plaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭paulthelegend

still if you get a punch on a plaster it still ****in kills or even if someone goes to grab you even with a plaster there still gona pull it out, i was looking for something about a foot square in size that is softish plastic kinda like a gum shield, especially if you could heat it up and mold it to your size ... if there nothing like that out there then someone better get inventing :P make your millions

• Advertisement

Originally posted by paulthelegend

Im wondering does anyone have a nipple piercing and do any martial arts or anything like that? wondering is there any like plastic cover like a gum shield for your piercing :) i got a serious rip on it and so close to coming out but thank god it went back into place, only about 10% of the bar is showin now, but just wondering when should you consider taking it out and getting it redone if you think its coming out?

Someone ripping at ur nipple ???

Half ur luck !!!! :p:p People pay good money for that in some places !!

I play social rugby, and use 'elastoplas' strips (strong plasters) over my nipples.

And have been lucky to never have had them ripped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I got a nipple piercing today in celestial ring( My first piercing).
    Contrary to most people I've talked to, it hurt more than I was expecting, but it was only for a few seconds.
    How does this compare to other piercings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

was just reading there bout the vertical piercing, iv it done crossways as normal but what im wondering is,
    is it possible to get it done vertical and put some sort of cross bar with just one passway, it would be like 4 holes but one piercing, would be ****in mad, its hard to explain does any1 know what im thinking?? and if so is it possible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

Erm, if i'm thinking what I think you're thinking, how would you get the piercing in? Probably not tho cos you would have thought about that. The only way I can think of it working is if it went in, out, had a flexible bit and then went in, out again. Would defo be cool. I know a girl with 4 belly button piercings and it's really cool.

Lenny, I get the exact same thing as you. They're a lot smaller and less frequent than they used to be. Glad to hear it's a normal/good thing. But it does look a bit disgusting when I go swimming.

With regards to how painful it is, I think its just down to plain luck whether or not you have a threshold for this particular type of pain. A guy I know told me it was the most painful thing he's ever felt. I didn't mind it at all, in fact I kinda liked the sensation. After it was done, the piercer congratulated me on getting the most painful piercing I'd ever get. Of course its more likely that the skill of the piercer is the deciding factor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭screamager

you can get two seperate piercings, one horizontal and one vertical. one behind the other with two seperate pieces of jewellery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭lacuna

well after about 5 months of deliberating, saving, waiting till my birthday was over etc, i finally got my nipple pierced.

it's done about 2 and a half weeks or so. went to snakebite...excellent place. i'd definitly go there if i was getting pierced again. absolutely no regrets. [although my parents didn't take to it too well!!!]

it looks really deadly. not really painful at all. well intially there was a little but nothing noteworthy really.

it's weird...sometimes i just want to walk around with no top on so everyone can see how deadly my nipple looks!!! well...

anyway...i'd recommend it to everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

Originally posted by lacuna
    [although my parents didn't take to it too well!!!]

what, you showed it to them?

question. any loss of sensitivity? i like being able to feel my nipples!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭lacuna

no, no...i didn't show them. i told them. i figured they might eventually notice if i was wearing a tight top and i knew they'd be more annoyed if i hadn't told them in the first place. i got the cold shoulder for a few days but i think they've forgotten now!

no loss of sensitivity...in fact it's increased sensitivity around the general area quite a bit. it's far better than my other nipple!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

woo!
    *books self in for nipple piercing*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

only noticed this forum now,hoping i can get some advice.
    I had a nipple piercing done apx three years ago (ring)..I've never had any issues with it with one exception, when I went to change it, I couldn't open it up and its been stuck now for the last two years. It has never bothered me until recently as I have to have a mamogram soon and I'm going to need to remove it. I will probably have to go back to the shop, but if there's a secret to unlocking these things, could you let me in on it.
    I'm not a piercing fanatic, this was a one off, so I'm a bit anxious about having to return to the shop.
    thanks.
    blushes

Advertisement