Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game based on BBC's Time Commanders

Options
  • 02-12-2003 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭

I dont know if anyone knows or has watched time commanders on BBC 2 on a mondyay but i am looking for a game like the engine they use.

the shows recreates historic battles and asks a team to be generals and direct troops etc to try and win the battle.

I want a game similar to that. I dont like age of empires but would like a scenario based game like this.

Any ideas on a game like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

The game you are looking for is Total War ,

the first one was Shogun : total war , AFAIK it has an expansion out now

I would advice you get Medieval : total war with the viking invasion expansion pack , only 35 euro in game , that show uses the Engine for Rome : total war afaik , it isnt out yet though so go with medieval :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

ya that tv show uses the Rome total war engine ....but it wont be out for a few months yet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Thanks guys.

I probably download a demo before i buy it but ill do that tomorrow on the college network.

Take it home and check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ][Dermington][

a game based on time commanders?????????/

i thought time commanders just used the game and didnt engineer it.....

Medieval total war is the only game i have ever played that has consistently never dissappointed me.....it is so cool...i bought the expansion too...very cool....

GO FORTH AND WAGE WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Go the demo downloaded and ill try it out the weekend. I see if if i buy it then.

IS it worth buying now or waiting till the rome one is out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Yeah.. I bought Medieval because of the TV show. It's bloody fantastic too. Very, very hard work to play though. There's alot to learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Medieval is an excellent game - Just loved playing as the Turks and sending my carefully hoarded 240 Armenian Heavy Cavalry smack into the flank of a huge Byzantine Army....pure chaos:)

All this talk is really wetting my appetite for the game.

EDIT
    Just been to www.totalwar.com and its looks like a long wait for Rome.Its Autumn next year.
    We can now confirm that Rome: Total WarTM, the next game in the multi award winning Total WarTM series, is on schedule for a Fall release in 2004. The revolutionary new Total War engine technology brings to life epic, cinematic battles beyond anything ever seen before in a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

get medieval in the meantime then, its brilliant

Yeah had a look around the so called computers shops in castlebar and not sight nor sound of it of total war so ill guess i'll have to head to galway for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I have Shogun and the mongol invasion addon. But I mainly only play the first Shogun version as I like that era best. Very adictive.

Advertisement