Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AGP Rates and Fast Writes

Options
  • 02-12-2003 7:13pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This is gonna sound like a stupid question but my graphics card is stuck on PCI for the AGP rate and I can't enable Fast Writes.

My system is:

P4 2.4 GHZ @ 3GHZ
    512MB RAM
    GeForce FX 5600 Ultra (53.03 drivers)
    Windows XP SP1

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Try setting it to AGP 4x. AGP 8 Wouldnt make much difference anyway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

No, that's my point. It's stuck on PCI Rate. I can't even get APG 4x, never mind 8x. The diagnostics say Windows XP can't handle APG rates or Fast Writes but people here are using it and APG 8X!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Have you loaded your motherboard agp driver?

There was none afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I'm getting the same problem. I'm using the 44.03, now that i look, for some reason.
    I have the is7-e mobo with the 2.4 ghz also.

• Advertisement

hmm, every motherboard chipset I've known so far needs a motherboard agp driver loaded before your system can take advantage of agp in conjunction with your gfx card driver.

There just has to be one!
    sittin in work with feck all to do atm so I'll do some diggin and see if I can't find somethin...

[edit]What manufacturer is it from? Abit? And what chipset does it use? Via/Sis etc?[/edit]

I was looking last night but I couldn't find anything. It's an MSI 865PE Neo2 MoBo BTW.

right, I have confirmed you have yourselves SiS chipsets with P4's so you will need this fella to get AGP working.

Advice - uninstall your gfx card driver, make sure you have all other motherboard drivers installed then install your gfx card driver and you should be laughin, g'luck, wouldn't fancy playin my games in pci mode :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Have you tried setting the agp rate to 4x in the bios.. And thats an intel chipset board tact.

Oddly, there's no agp rate settings in the BIOS.

SIS?? Hmm, there's no on board graphics on the mobo and it's an intel 865pe chipset so will that proggie screw up my system??

• Advertisement

roffles and wooops, there's a few different models of it, be more specific god damnit!

:(

Your agp driver is on your cd's somewhere, find it install it and you shall have agp...

Hmm, looking on the CD eh? Yeah, that might have helped. Installed some drivers and now I have AGP 8x, Fast Writes and Sideband Addressing. Just need to do some formatting now.

Cheers for your help TacT.

Glad to hear ya got it sorted :)
    Raven, any joy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Yeah i installed this nvstrap driver in RivaTuner and it works now.

Advertisement