Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kotor-(pc)-

Options
  • 02-12-2003 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

really great game , have not played the X-box version so cant say how different it is but im really enjoying the pc one , Very addictive , im ten hours into it already , I am
    just after resolving that thing with the sand people
    just a question for the people who are further than me,

I picked a Jedi Guardian and im going full light if possible , however I want to have a double lightsabre , I found one on a Dark jedi , its red and evel ! is it ok for me to use this ? and will I be able to change its colour at a later date ? i.e will it effect my class ?

danke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

where did you get that its not out till friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

from the states?

or he works in a games shop??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Tusky as far as i know u can use any weapons and it wont effect your class. Just take ur Double bladed saber to a work bench and but what ever colour light saber crystal you want in there. Me prefers two light sabers instead though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

aye just found that out stormfox , now Ive a doubley blue sabreino ! is there any advantage in using just one sabre ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

no.

must play it actually, got to the end about a month ago and havent touched it since.
    no idea why.

• Advertisement

Just that youve got one hand free :rolleyes:

SOOOOO buying it on friday, 10% off in GAME with membership card

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭The Smircher

I thought this was supposed to have been released last Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

aye just found that out stormfox , now Ive a doubley blue sabreino ! is there any advantage in using just one sabre ?

your to hit foes down if you use a double bladed or 2 sabers. Basically its harder to hit them. Uses the THACO system from D&D i think but you dont really need to know that :)

Im in jail ! Ive been captured on that ship , this is one of the most addictive games ive ever played , 16 hours in and i havnt been bord once , brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

The bitch crashed on me after a few hours! Good fun though, lots of side quests at the start. Or maybe it's the plot, cos I haven't got far into it. The card game is fun though but not rivalling the card game on FFVIII

is the pc version as buggy as the xbox one?

I didnt find the xbox version buggy at all. The Jail bit is kool, i got a bit of a heart attack wen it happened tho cuz i thought this was the end and that i would die agaisnt darth malak and i hadnd saved in ages. Good luck on the ship though the last bit is quite tough

I better stop reading this Board untill I get the damn game.

just got passed it and BLAH what a plot twist !!! didnt see that one coming , game is geting beter and beter , hope theres a sequel planned

stop saying stuff!

havent finished it yet.

my xbox version was extremely buggy, the only thing which ruined the game for me. even crashed a couple of times.

didnt give anything away....anyone know how long the game is ? im 20 hours in and think im nearing the end...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

took me 55 but that was with going back and forth loads and re-exploring alot of area's to be thorough :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Took me 51hrs and 7mins, but that was doin a good bit of exploration. Your right by the way Tusky, that is one hell of a plot twist isn't it. I never saw it coming either. Loved it when it happened though. Best game i've played in yonkers. Well worth the purchase.

if your talkin about the plot twist i think you are then
    [where you discover your darth revan? didnt see that either, but afterward i realised its just your basic star wars plot twist, the whole games story is just a big copy of the films, but i suppose its to keep to the true star wars formula. still great game though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Woohoo! It's finally out.
    Now I have to let it sit on my desk in front of me for the rest of the day, until I can go home and play it. :mad:
    What torture!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭The Smircher

Where is it on sale?
    I've tried a rake of shops and no-one seems to have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

completed the xbox version and i had to play it again, im now 40 hours into the 2nd time around..

game is one of the best ive had the pleasure of playing in a while and it is so damn addictive yes, the main problem for me is i end up sitting up till all hours playing it and get minimal sleep before work..

you say "just another half hour" and you turn around and about 4 hours have passed..

and i didnt think the xbox version was buggy atall to who ever said that, its crashed once on me in the whole time ive played it.

all round i would give this game 10/10, first game in a while that has the ability to have me on edge of my seat and make me late for work day in day out due to not being able to turn it off..

did anyone else find it extremely hard to goto the dark side? i played the 2nd time around with the intention of going to the dark side but i just felt so damn guilty, i killed dia at the start and just had to reload it.. now im complete light side with the beam etc... (first time i completed it i was around half and half).

i swear i will fall to the dark side atleast once, playing through it again may be an option just to do so!

and for anyone who hasnt got this game, get it and GET IT NOW!

yes the plot twist was amazing and had me gobsmacked, if you havent played it i demand you dont read the spoiler that someone put down, infact i think you should edit your post and take it out as not to ruin things!

infact all mentions of plot twists should be taken out of this thread :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Originally posted by The Smircher
    Where is it on sale?
    I've tried a rake of shops and no-one seems to have it.
    I got it in Game Dawson Street, they had tons of copies. Strange you couldn't find it - it only came out today so I doubt its sold out already.

Originally posted by Jazz
    I got it in Game Dawson Street, they had tons of copies. Strange you couldn't find it - it only came out today so I doubt its sold out already.

yea Game in dawson street has loads just got one today.

40 hours ? 50 hours ? Im just finished after 23 hours :( what went wrong ?!?!? I done most of the side quests and I explored almost all the ares so how did it take yea an extra 25 hours to complete ?!?!?! is there bits taken out of the PC version ? hrmz anyway regardless of that this game is fantastic , would be up there with the best Ive ever played , I got it last Sunday and finished it about 10 minutes ago, thats very very rare for me to play a game that much ,

as a normal RPG it would have been great but the fact that its star wars and has all the planets and species is really great , I love the choice of doing things , did it light side first time around , gonna play again and go dark,
    anyone else think bastila is foxy ? ;)

Oh yea, got my guy to shag her 2

Big Chief i to intended to go to the dark side the second time around but for some reason i always choose the right thing god damn this fecking selfconscience

being darkside is far easier than going light.

i admit at first i was hesitant, feeling pity and remorse, but after awhile you get in the swing of things and learn not to brake for the old lady ;)

going dark side you get through the game much quicker, and get much more credits.
    havent got near the end being dark yet, interested to see how it makes the ending different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Big Chief

infact all mentions of plot twists should be taken out of this thread :p

Given that we are currently playing this x-boxen style any non spoiler tagged spoilers will earn the poster a righteous and probably unfair 2 week ban.

Advertisement