Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kotor-(pc)-

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

/me is jealous

fscking exams, 3year old PC and lack of cashiness..... *fume*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

I couldn't go dark side either the one time I tried tbh. May try again soon. As for the length differance. You said you were on Kashykk after 10 hours iirc. At the ten hour point I was only just after completing the first planet. So there possibly is a differance. Then again, like I said, I was taking my time, and wandering about for ages the whole time, so...

Oh yea, btw, Bastilla is hot. I concur.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by TheSonOfBattles

Oh yea, btw, Bastilla is hot. I concur.

Running around with Bastilla with the clothes item de-equipped makes the force strong in me. Oh yes.

Heh, so i'm NOT the only perv who did that. Thank christ. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

benn playing this for a few hours and have to say its excellent. it reminds me of Planescape Torment for its sheer adictiveness and that only be a good thing.

btw what characters classes are people playing? I picked a soldier and played it safe with my stats in str dex and con. is there much to miss out on by not pushing wis and int? after playing for a while I reckoned I could get the other party members to repair etc but i'm only a short bit in so have only got one other guy with me. is is possible to buy droids etc to do all the grunt work and concentrate on combat myself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Picked this up at the weekend and its damm impressive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I'm completely addicted to it as well. I've only played it for about 6 hours, but I really was very tempted to call in sick today! Prince of Persia, Metroid prime etc will have to wait a little longer to be completed! :)

Everything has been great, apart from some of the character’s pompous British accents!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Anyone else having serious problems with the game? Was checking out the offical web site forum (just looking) and alot of people are having problems with lag in certain indoor areas, the apartments on the city world, prison cells on the jedi planet, hunting office on tatoinne etc...

Unfortunatly so am I, and it makes the game completely unplayable.

Help is at hand however a patch to resolve this issue is supposed to be out tomorrow the 9th of December. Maybe then I can get of the Endar Spire.
    Originally posted by amp
    Running around with Bastilla with the clothes item de-equipped makes the force strong in me. Oh yes.

We should start a club:)

Originally posted by tba
    Anyone else having serious problems with the game? Was checking out the offical web site forum (just looking) and alot of people are having problems with lag in certain indoor areas, the apartments on the city world, prison cells on the jedi planet, hunting office on tatoinne etc...

Unfortunatly so am I, and it makes the game completely unplayable.

Help is at hand however a patch to resolve this issue is supposed to be out tomorrow the 9th of December. Maybe then I can get of the Endar Spire.

Iv gotten past the begining section and the first 2 planets finished and havent seen any lag as of yet. Maybe you need to upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I haven't noticed very much slow down, although the only graphics mode that was available for selection was 1600x1200 @ 85 hertz...which is strange. It runs quite nicely on my 3ghz P4 + radeon 9800pro :)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Venom
    Iv gotten past the begining section and the first 2 planets finished and havent seen any lag as of yet. Maybe you need to upgrade?

Na got recommended hardware profiles and then some. I can run in the outer enviroments with the graphics settings up full and still get over 60fps. Its a hardware problem that is related to the intel chipset and 100mhz FSB issue........... apparently:confused:

Na got recommended hardware profiles and then some. I can run in the outer enviroments with the graphics settings up full and still get over 60fps. Its a hardware problem that is related to the intel chipset and 100mhz FSB issue........... apparently

is there an option to show the fps in the game menus? can't find one.

Originally posted by quarryman
    is there an option to show the fps in the game menus? can't find one.

No believe it or not I checked with my eye, the human brain can tell if the frame rate drops below a certain level, and I have seen no stuttering during the parts of the game I havent mentioned before.

just for reference

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

I have the same problems with lag playing this game only got it today

theres 2 problems associated with KOTOR

1) as mentioned before is the intel problem with the 100 mhz FSB

2) Second problem is with 9600 cards (AGAIN SIGH:) )crashing at the intro screen

Both these problems have been documented on the bioware support forums, theyve released a BETA 1.01 patch for the game which you can get at the forums here

http://swforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=280284&forum=80

ive dled it and installed it, it has stopped the crashing at the main menu but the lag remains, the official 1.01 patch according to the support forums will be out in the next week and will hopefully stop the lag once and for all, anybody who has downloaded this beta patch will first have to uninsall it first before patching to the official one

Shin

It sounds like you guys are not enough above the min specs. Just because your pc can run Kotor dosent mean its able to run it the way its ment to be played.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I had no slowdown what so ever , I too had bastilla running around in her underwear :D:D:D gonna paly through again going darkside after my exams , brilliant brilliant game and heres some good news...

there looks to be a sequel !!!!

a sequel or a prequel?

More info on this sequel please!!! Same cast, some new, some old, or completely new. New timezone? Oh, the possibilities. I have to know now damn you!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

apperantly its set years and years after this one so it will be new cast , its not 100% confirmed yet but reports say its been produced for x-box with a move to pc after its released, afaik thats all the news there is about it , ill be folling the updates closely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

reports say its been produced for x-box with a move to pc after its released

one word.

Halo :(

• Advertisement

Originally posted by SyxPak
    one word.

Halo :(

Two Words

****ing Microsoft :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

erm, a number of words.... wasn't the original KOTOR developed the same way?.... so you can't really compare it to Halo...

true. and the result looks far better and has an extra area.

What's this about an extra area?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

On a side note, BioWare said they are working on a big name PC only RPG using the enhanced KOTOR engine that will be used in the XB (only I think) RPG Jade Empire.

Be happy that Bioware doesnt try to make games for PC and PS2 instead of PC and XB.

Matt

Originally posted by TheSonOfBattles
    What's this about an extra area?

The new content is where the PC version ups its Xbox cousin. It should be mentioned that some of this new content will undoubtedly be made available via Xbox Live. To begin with, PC users will have access to a whole new area. Specifically, you will now be able to fly the 'Hawk to the space station around Yavin, one of the planets featured briefly in the first Star Wars film. Aboard the station, you'll have access to new high-end merchants, new quests and combat encounters as well.

here

games domain 3rd paragraph

Sounds pretty cool, will have to check it out at some point, anyone here played both versions yet?

Your links are both bringin up page cannot be found by the way quarryman.

thanks. fixed em.

Version 1.01 is out
    Click to Download

Resolved issues include

Added two new "swkotor.ini" sound options:
    [Sound Options]
    Environment Effects Nonstreaming=1
    Environment Effects Streaming=1

NOTE: The Environment Effects Streaming=0 option was added to fix a problem with sound pauses while playing the game with an Intel i845 or i850 chipset motherboard and a 100 MHz Front Side Bus.

Removed the awareness penalty when running

Made a fix to the "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects" option in "swkotor.ini":
    [Graphics Options]
    Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1

NOTE: If you are having some odd, random graphics issues you may be able to resolve them by adding an entry to your "swkotor.ini" file.

Made a fix to the Enable Hardware Mouse option when it is disabled. This fixes a crash with certain ATI Radeon 9600 video cards.

Made a fix to a display issue with Small Fonts.

Made a fix to a gamma issue after movies finish playing.

Removed the display of Force Points on portrait tool-tips for non-Jedi characters.

Fixed bug where some objects in the game would give a sticky mouse indicator like they had an inventory when they did not.

Fixed an issue where if you changed appearance while Force Speed was active your movement rate would return to normal.

Fixed an issue with droid animation when the item they were using ran out or their target died.

The turret mini-game should no longer have the blur visual effect if you enter it with that visual effect turned on.

The Security option no longer displays for doors which a key is required.

Fixed a rare bug where the game could get stuck if an auto-pause was triggered at the exact same time as an area transition.

Fixed a rare crash that could happen when a Dark Jedi dies at the exact same time as he deflected a blaster bolt.

Fixed a rare crash on startup under Windows 98.

Fixed a few memory leaks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Downloaded the patch and it has solved nearly every one of my problems as regards this game, what was causing the most lag was not being able to use he hardware mouse option.

I can now and lag is almost eliminated

Good stuff

Shin

Advertisement