Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bike for sale

Options
  • 02-12-2003 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

Just thought i'd throw a link in here.

Selling my nsr125 '00, its in good condition, few scratches either side from idiotic drops but mostly just sticker damage of which i've ordered new stickers.
    New rear bridgestone, new chain and sprockets. Had a handy life just toddling about for the most part and taken care of alot by my good self.

Picked up an rvf so its just sitting at home now. Looking for 1500 or nearest offer.
    Anyone interested can call 087 9904169

PEte

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

How much did the new back type cost you?

How many miles?
    Got any pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Its a Brigdestone bt45 battleax, cost me about 160, bought it a month before i stopped riding it so its brand new. The front tyre may need changing. Its got 24000km on the clock, all of which was handy riding outside of the powerband to and from work/college. Looked after very well.

Comes with some extra's, mostly panels picked up from breakers in need of paint.

As for pics, its bloody cold outside so you'll have to do with some clipped shots of it beside the rvf:

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~air/twobikes.jpg
    http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~air/twobikes2.jpg

24,000 km... Did you chance the piston and rings yet?

Don't say that you didnt ever let the powervalve kick in...thats what 2 strokes are all about baby :)

I have the exact same model NSR myself, 21,000km on the clock, I was inquiring for a friend. Let me know about the rings.

Also, did you take any of the restrictions out?

Theres been no point in changing the gaskets or rings, honda recommend a top end rebuild at 30,000km. But its totally pointless in doing so until the bike starts to lose compression, which it hasn't. The pistons in a 125 nsr shouldn't really ever need to be changed, unless its been treated really badly and fed semi syn oil, which this hasn't.
    I'm not saying its never been in the powerband, but its never been sat in there for long periods.

Its never been restricted so there was never a need to take anything out.
    I did put a 38 sprocket on the rear as opposed to the standard 36, to make it a little quicker.

Fair enough.
    I re-built my top-end at at 21k because I burned it out :mad: Do you use fully-syn oil all the time? I tend to use semi-syn, im told that theres no real point in using fully-syn on an engine as small as a 125.

What speed would you get out of it with the 28rear sprocket? How does it effect your acceleration?

• Advertisement

Using fully syn oil is HUGELY important. For a 125 engine, its extremely powerful and the fact that it not only uses the oil to lubricate the piston and cylinder but also burns it can cause alot of damage at high rev's.
    Semi-syn should only be used on scooters and the ns-1.
    Fully syn oils have a much higher resistance to high temperatures than semi syn and despite what the temp guage says on the nsr, the internal cylinder temp at high speed/rev's is hot. When the oil fails, you're screwed. Pay the extra for the fully syn and you'll probably never have to rebuild it.

In all the time i've owned the bike, i've put semi-syn in it twice when i had run out of oil and had to buy crappy petrol station semi syn. That said, i would have only put in enough to get to where-ever i could get some fully syn.

Today i cleaned out the carb (not just a useless blow thru with some toluene, but a proper clean of the jets and lines), and checked everything was running perfectly.

As for the sprocket change, the top speed comes down to about 90-ish or so, but the acceleration from standing goes up a nice bit. Its got more torque to about 50, makes it much handier to use in a town/city.

I've gotten a couple of calls about it, dunno if they're time wasters or not, one or two have said they want to buy it. Either way, i'm not short on the cash and i have my other bike so i'm in no hurry. Beginning to regret putting a 1500 quid price on it as i'm being told similar price machines in buyandsell are in pretty crappy condition despite being listed as mint. Anyway, it stands as is, and can be viewed at any time (its in longford by the way)

Will pass on the info, cheers.

Advertisement