Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speaker problems

Options
  • 02-12-2003 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭

Dunno if this belongs here but...
    i've had my PC hooked up on a 5.1 system for the past 6 months - never had any trouble. Recently the speakers started sounding like Lemmy from Motorhead got his hands on them..as if they blew completely.

A friend recommended that i get the Nividia Media Center which i did, but never noticed an improvement.

The connections are clean, i cant figure out what it is. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

It cant be a compatilibity issue - its just a set of speakers! Is it an issue with XP?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

You need to isolate the problem.

Try the speakers with something else - a HiFi, another computer, whatever.

If they seem fine, try other speakers with your computer.

If the problem lies there, try changing the drivers, fiddling with settings, etc.

If that doesn't work, try the sound card in another computer if possible.

Did you strain the speakers lately? Is there anyone else with access to the computer who could have?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

The speakers themselves are fine. I downloaded some new drivers and restarted the pc - momentarily ok.
    The thing that bugs me is that the bad, scratchy, burn-out sound was fluctuating - why did it occur? and why now? Drivers dont just "expire" do they :) ?

I hope it doesnt reoccur!

thanks for the tips Sico.

Advertisement