Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

o2 conducting a video service trial

• 02-12-2003 8:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

I just got a call from o2, they were asking me if I wanted to take part in trials of their new video service.

Basically what the woman on the phone said is that my name was selected at random and they were running trials where they would give you free access to news/sport headlines in video format (real one AFAIK) over GPRS for six weeks and after the six weeks they would contact me again for feedback.

I obliged because it's free and there's nothing to lose, She said that she would send me out details and stuff in the post. As soon as I get the package in the post, I'll let everyone hear know what my first impressions.

Did anybody else hear about this or has anyone else been phoned by o2 about this trial.

By the way, I was probably chosen because I have a nokia 3650 and they have real player installed when you get them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭crowbar

it will work with any phone/device that realplayer supports. last time i saw this they had sky news streamed on it, it was actually quite viewable and the sound was clear, though it prohibitavely expensive as it was metered per kb ... but free is free ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭manchine

Saw this too, same thing too - Sky News. Didn't look to bad at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

there are more details in this thread on the Mobiles / PDAs board

after they trialed it earlier in the year in the UK they launched it there last month - it is being charged 'per clip' rather than per KB (but they are running a free service until the end of Jan)

supports multiple handsets in the UK including the P800 / P900 which doesn't have the RealPlayer...

BrianG

Advertisement