Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For the last time: Q3A or UT ?!?!?!?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

FINE THEN, WE WILL.

But remember this all you UT muppets...

No one EVER suspects the spanish inquisition!!!!

Viva the commom sence revelution!#

El

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

To hell with quake so.
    Im just waiting for the day that the standard ping is low enough so that I can play X-wing on the internet properly :-)
    **** BFG's cause I just want to send a laser up ure ass :-)
    Nyaaaaaaa
    Seriously tho ,
    UT and QW all da way

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

god by with the days when ppl could actually spell as well
    and whats with the UT heads reference?
    i play everything INCLUDING quakeworld

bah......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Isn't that "God be with the days....." ? smile.gif

Jimmy...

lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

flying fu<k at a rolling doughnut - hehe i like that colgate flavour!
    wait a second!
    this post is pointless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭DeV

Um vagga at "experienced" they should be able to give a brand newbie a run... I finished the game with only one or two restarts on any level.

But you and Shinji should get some ketchup for those chips on your shoulders lads, a negative critism doesnt equal slagging a game off... I said a number of positive things about UT which you decided to ignore...

Thing is, I dont think Q3 is going to be much better. I havent a net connection from home so I cant test the net code on UT. I like it, and I hope it leads to a revival in other team games (like ctf and dom)

Beyond that stop jumping at anyone who doesnt give the game a glowing report, it only makes the UT brigade look desperate...

DeV.

[This message has been edited by DeV (edited 07-12-1999).]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Im with Eamo here, play what you want. I play a lot of UT. I also play Q3, but suck quite exceptionally at it, but its 'fun'. I will be playing both in leagues with EED, maybe more UT, as I can actually play it tho smile.gif

To be honest both Madden and NBA 2000 **** on both Quake(W/2/3) and UT IMHO - Really MAdden r0x0rs!

As the lad said play what you like. The Irish gaming communiy is small enuf without breaking into factions and in fighting starting!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Splitter !!!!!!!!!!! tongue.gif

Gandalf.

In all fairness dev you posted that the bots were 'easy money' a term which I took exception to, in my mind telling people that tells them that they were/are easy or inferior in some way. Experienced is the 3rd of 7 skill levels. That was the point I was trying to make in my response to you.

I do not feel 'UT People' are 'getting desperate' the nature of the Irish Gaming community, IMHO, is that it has always had dug into factions, a sad fact, I believe that no game will ever bridge that. Some people are over reacting to points and 'defending a corner' in reality they should not have to bother defending as a result. The point is that not every comment is a carefully thought up swipe at some other game or community. But that is the way some comments from some people are treated.

While I freely admit to prefering UT I do not think I have been even remotely close to as die hard and one sided as you tend to make out (tho I prolly would say that would'ent I smile.gif) I just comment on the debate in question and make my own opinion felt.

Just for the record, and for historical fact and all that, if you care, I give my opinion of Q3A over on Hobbes post on Q3 being out in America, if you care to read that, and you will be shoched to see that yes I do like it. I quote myself "It (Q3A) is the best looking game *EVER*" I really like it, but freely admit to prolly being Ireland's worst player at it tho smile.gif

[This message has been edited by tHE vAGGABOND (edited 07-12-1999).]

[This message has been edited by tHE vAGGABOND (edited 07-12-1999).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Urrrr Tom I never even posted on this topic, about the only thing I've said about Q3 at all recently is that I'm dismayed by the design of the CTF levels - which is true, and doesn't exactly count as jumping down anyone's throat over it!

If anyone is going to be accused of that kind of thing, it's the faction (and I agree with Vagga on this, Irish gaming is factions and sadly always will be...) of Q3 hardcores who insist on constantly insulting and berating UT players.

Fact is, I *like* Q3 in a lot of ways, but I just don't feel that it touches the gameplay and variety of UT. Thats my opinion - but I'll probably play both, UT competitively with my clan, and Q3 just for the laugh.

Ja,
    Rob

no you wont

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Personally, i reckon the whole faction thing is fantastic.

I think the 'community' as a whole benefits from factions and that anyone who intends to play both games should have a yellow cross painted on his back so we can identify and stone him should he ever emerge into the public eye.

I think i speak for all Clan CM when i say any of us would willingly lay down our own lives to preserve the honour of the Clan - such is the weight we place on Games and Gaming in our lives.

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

I wouldnt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

aw go on.

If I wished death on all UT players would that deepen the divide?

If were gonna start a flame war here we might as well get add banners first so someone makes money out of the million posts about it smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Rogue Spear is better than both of them. so there.

I personally prefer Q3 to UT, and will be playing in a clan with MP, Reaper aka Dog, and Sickboy. UT is for women.

Zero.

" Stwike him Centuwion! Vewwy Woughly!! "

I dont think you were meant to say that Zero. I think MP wanted to make a big announcement or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

I think I definitely prefer watching Q3 than UT, I've been looking at quake1 for years now so I think its just a natural progression for me to Look at the same people playing Q3. Also, UT just doesn't seem to generate the same amount of interesting articles available for me to read on the internet than Q3 does...I've even found the descriptions of Q3 demos so much more exciting. That said, at the end of the day, I'll still watch a bit of quakeworld being played, nothing beats looking at someone playing CA for a few hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The Net code is quite impressive. You can be disconnected from the game for a minute or two before you realise. (I know I've been there).

Although I have gotten packets out of order (according to the netstats in game) which causes some werid effects, like throwing 6 rockets out of your pump gun after you respawned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

errrrrr how you u not notice youve been disd from the game??? smile.gif
    I dont see how you couldnt notice unless your blind and deaf

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

I thought that little red symbol on the right hand side meant something like "flag in danger" or "Objective taken" or some such, and you can run around for a while without noticing.

I was on CTF acting as support for the flag runner when he bumped into a wall and kept running, so I msg everyone saying the flag runner is lagged, then I noticed I could push him, so I started pushing him towards our flag (almost made it too smile.gif) Finally I noticed something was up as other people were running into walls too.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

You can use that running into walls trick when your being badly beaten and dont want to play on, just keep running into a wall and say "ffs lag, I'm outta here"

So that's how you remain the #1 player Spoon, thanks for the tip! biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

I'm nipping out at lunch time to buy UT.

Err... I'll just get my coat.

You do of course realise I am only taking the **** right?

Advertisement