Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook Express on a Dual Boot system

Options
  • 02-12-2003 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Recently I installed XP on my home machine, and now its a dual boot machine with Windows 2000 still there.

I would like to be able to get Outlook Express running on both versions of Windows, but I only want to access it from one store directory only, and the ability to send and recieve with all my existing settings.

Is it possible? And if so, how?

Cheers,

DMC.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

I'm sorely tempted to say Thunderbird or Eudora, but I won't (well I have, but I'll say no more :D).

Open OE, click on Tools -> Options -> Maintenance -> Store Folder and specify which folder to use. You can keep the one that you're currently using, or alternatively set up a directory like C:\OE Mail or C:\Documents and Settings\DMC\Outlook Express\Mail to hold them for you.

By the way, I've never used this before, but I presume you should have the same OE version on both OSes, and backup first of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

What you suggest is fine for the store directory, but not if you have 18 mail addresses setup, those settings, from what I can see, cant be brought across. Unless someone else knows otherwise. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

You try searching for keys matching your 18 email addresses in the registry?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by DMC
    What you suggest is fine for the store directory, but not if you have 18 mail addresses setup, those settings, from what I can see, cant be brought across. Unless someone else knows otherwise. :)
    Just export the mail settings in 2000 and import them in XP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

Originally posted by DMC

Tools -> Accounts -> Export each account. Better than doing it manually.

Alternatively you could give the Files & Settings Transfer thingamybob a go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement