Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICQ wont send texts?

• 02-12-2003 9:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place but I'm having no joy with sending text messages using ICQ. :(

I found this very handy, but one day it decided not to send texts any more and continues to act this way.

Anyone else had this problem?

Is there a limit on the amount you can send?

Any help greatly appreciated.

mfield.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

could be that the person you're sending to has no credit?
    (i stopped using icq after i realised it charged the recipent for the text...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by tman

No it doesn't?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

No it doesn't. It charges them to reply to that number and it's a korean number or something too! I always say reply to my mobile number only after a text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ah well, tis **** anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

ah well, tis **** anyway

Tis free though. Found it well handy meself.

Is there any other free text proggys or sites?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

I've had the EXACT same problem, just stopped working all of a sudden :-( Perhaps its the networks here blocking them? I know for sure the recepient does not get charged, I text myself when testing a few times with no credit on phone.

I hope they fix it soon, perhaps a mail to their tech support would speed this up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Just tried sending three to my own Vodafone number and none have been delivered.

After the second one I got an error message informing me that I may have reached my limit of text messages, or my network may have been unable to deliver the message, or I may have the wrong number-very vague.

I've only ever sent about 10 texts through it in total so that can't be it-do they have a daily limit?. :confused:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yes they do have a daily limit. I think its 10 or 15. I have apparently sent a message successfully but no message has appeared on my phone. :confused:

Advertisement