Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Political Santa Strike Force

Options
  • 02-12-2003 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

Dear comerades, allies, brothers,

We've all proved many times on this Board that we can come together, and use our skills to disagree wholeheartedly with every other individual here. :D But, 'tis the season of goodwill, and now its time to put those differences behind us, and give a little something to the people we all agree need our help.

I've put myself forward as a sort of co-ordinator for the Political Boards, to try to stir some of you into parting with a few quid. However, I am neither reputable (as far as you know) or associated with Boards, and so I would prefer not to have to collect any dosh, or handle any goods, as I live well outside Dublin. If the worst comes to the worst, I'll dig in and do what has to be done, though - I'm sure the commuters will love me getting on the already-overcrowded train with a sack load of toys.

So, if there is a moderator out there who is happy to deal with such things, please let me know, and we'll organise this properly. Any cash, credit, general purpose toys, books, or offers to help out with transport will be greatly received. The full story can be heard direct from DeVore right here .

If anyone has any queries, alternative suggestions, or wishes to donate in any way, feel free to PM me, or post here.

The only question is, will we give out the gifts in the manner of a totalitarian state, a communist society, or charge goodwill tax to you all?!?

Merry advent,
    mr_angry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Ok guys, this is how its going to work:

This link will take you to the Strike Force wish list on Amazon.co.uk. The interesting feature of this "wish list" is that if you purchase anything, it gets delivered to Boards, and the item is taken off the list. This will involve the use of a credit card. You can buy as little as you want, or as much as you want. All prices are in Sterling.

For those of you who have no credit card, and still want to contribute, please post here.

Ok, for those of you without credit cards who would like to contribute, feel free to read this link . As for paper money transactions, I'm trying to haggle an address out of DeVore as to where you can send to. (I know you're watching up there DeV).

More news as soon as it arrives.

Thanks to Havelock for this, although Santa is in blue... (damn Liberals, eh?)

Santa-SFS-poster.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

Come on folks, where are all you liberals, idealists, humanitarians that I am usually argueing against?
    This is right up your street, doing good, being good to your fellow man, charity and compassion.

Little known fact:
    Saint Nick wears Blue!

The coka cola company made him red, he was orginally blue.

(Plus I only had 30 minutes to make the posters)

Ok, we've finally found a mod for those of you who don't live in the greater Dublin area, don't have a credit-card, and don't want to wait for DeV's special bank-account. Beruthiel has been very kind, and offered her services.

Should you wish to post a donation, PM me, and I will give you the appropriate address. However, according to Beruthiel, there is an alternative:
    Orignally posted by Beruthiel
    I will be in Keoghs on Sth Anne Street. - its off Grafton Street, beyond Gotham - Saturday night next from about 8.00pm onwards, anyone who wishes to pop in can, and you can post that on any thread you wish. It's a Peartreehouse night out so anyone can turn up.

So get your wallets in gear, my friends! Time is of the essence!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

On request, I've stickied this thread for the duration of the season.

While there is a community board dedicated to SSF, I think it is a worthwhile idea also having this here as some people may not check the forum lists (I know I work almost exclusively from my "Subbed" list).

Good one mr_angry.

jc

All items bought on the Wish List must now be delivered by Priority Express, in order to make it in time for Christmas, although I'm sure that DeVore can collect late delieveries, and strike again in the new year.

Ok everyone. The Boards Santa Strike Force has almost reached its conclusion. However, we still need your help in acquiring some televisions to match the games consoles we have. If any of you have any spare cash floating round, please feel free to donate to the special SSF account that DeVore set up:

Tom Murphy
    Bank Of Ireland, St Stephens Green
    Sort Code: 900084
    Account Number: 65748028

Many thanks to all of you who have already donated.

Advertisement