Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer Problem

• 02-12-2003 10:28pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok, i got a lexmark x85 a while back and it worked great, just incase you dont know it, its a 3 in 1 copy scanner printer tea maker, all that jazz.
    anyway, when i first installed it i used a usb port at the front of the pc and it was grand. i usually only use these ports for things like my minidisc player or camera which i would unplug straight after use, so the printer cable made it all look messy.
    i decided the other day to move it to the back, which i did, and as expected the computer saw it as a new item as it was a seperate usb plug. so i uninstalled it and reinstalled while plugged into the back. the problem is the printer software wasnt installed for some reason. its still there as a scanner etc and it still copies seperatly from the pc so i know the printer is still working. i even moved it back to its original usb port and reinstalled it but still nothing.
    now every time i log in i get a notice saying a printer was detected but it could not be installed.
    what in the hell is going on? did the printer software just fall off my installation cd?

Flogen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭str8_away

Don't have that printer myself so not sure if this would help.
    Have you tried to install printer by click "add printer"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 l337

yeah, dont piss about with plug and play... remove all trace of scanner/printer stuff from ypur pc... this means uninstall the hardware drivers and the associated software and make sure it has disappeared from devivce manager, start menu, whatever directories it created (check in regedit if you have confidence with that). reboot your pc and then plug it back in... do the add printer thning if that doesnt work magically

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

i tried add printer and it didnt work, but ill try that whole uninstall thing now.

cheers,

Flogen

Advertisement