Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Youth Championships

• 03-12-2003 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

They are showing most of the matches on EuroSport which is great.

Ireland only need a draw against Mexico to guarantee qualification. I didn't see the Saudi Arabia match but I saw the Ivory Coast one and the Ivory coast are a very good team who look very good for the future. It looks like we will have a few players in Elliot (who scored 3 goals in 2 matches) and Willo Flood (the youngest player in the squad and looks like he is the leader of the pack).

When you think of the players that have played in this tournament in the past it shows that we are watching the stars of the future (with the exception of the English who are crap): Saviola, Trezeguet, Figo, Duff, Robbie Keane, Maradona, Kaka, Henry, Owen, Anelka, etc, etc, etc.

G'wan the boys in green. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

I can see them doing quite well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Mexico will be a tough game. But its good to see the players of the future. Flood looks like a keeper, and if he keeps up the form, and takes the step up to the next level, Elliott could be the answer to our striker shortage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

whens the mexico game on, and is it on eurosport....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

yep. the Mexico game will be live on EuroSport at 4.30 on Friday. I'll be in work though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

The WYC coverage is only on British Eurosport, I've got the other stupid Eurosport which is a pain in the tats !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

YES!!!

Ireland 2-0 Mexico

We win the group and get Columbia in the next round. Fair play to the boys.

Any chance of RTE broadcasting the remaining games ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Well they are out now, having lost against Columbia. They clawed back a 2 goal defecit to bring the game into extra time but alas lost to a golden goal with 5 minutes to go :/

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Ireland were unlucky not to win it in the last minute of normal time too. It's great to see so many EL players playing at that level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Unlucky indeed. Great come back in the last ten minutes of ordinary time. Pity they didn,t get the break for a golden goal. Still well done and I.m sure some of them will make the break through .

• Advertisement

Fair Play to them. They made a game of it. Unlucky to go out really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

yeah hard look boys! they looked like a very promising team!!!

Advertisement