Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm a new listener of the Phatom.

Options
  • 03-12-2003 3:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I like Phatom it's so awesome. They rock for real. I'm from Trussville,Alabama in the United States of America. I love the music that the Phantom plays. Keeps me going now. Just found out about this wonderful station & it truely rocks! I'm glad i found a wonderful radio station to listen to. They never play the same songs over & over like radio stations over here much more variety to listen too. I'm totally hooked on the Phantom now!
    Thanks for the wonders of music Phantom you've opened my eyes & ears to a new world now. Now i can hear much more music now. Phatom has got it going on with music all the time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

indeed phantom does rule...
    and welcome to the company of the magical wonderful phantom fans.
    hee hee Trussville.. that sounds funny. i've heard a lot of weird things about this "america" place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 cueballjb

The State i live in the taxes keep going up. But the States that've the lotteries in it don't have many problems. Alabama is definetely screwed up in general! That's why its cost Mega Bucks if you get into trouble in Alabama. Plus they're having to lay off some court baliffs now in our state. So that means we're probably in for a major tax hike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Tummon

Hehe yea the whole worlds a bit economicly messed up at the moment, Ireland aint no different.......but we do got Phantomfm so we should be happy.
    Loads of Americans listen to Phantom, like loads its creepy.
    Im Irish born and raised but loads of my family and friends are American and most of 'em listen to Phantom.
    Anyhow Phantom does rule in a big way like even Nirvana's Heart Shaped Box was palyed it soooo rules.:D You just gota love Phantom.

Got friends over there all ready. Been talking in chat room. Lot's of nice folks in there! Phantom Rules the Roost. They've got it going on. Rock on with the Pantom it's so cool. Phantom has a place in my heart now. Phantom is a total different Radio Station. I'm glad i've a broader music listening on Phantom. Just adds to music listening now! I enjoy the Phatoms Play list now. Much more fun to listen too now! It's so unbelievably awesome. Phantom Kicks A**. Phantom puts the rock in Rock.
    Thanks Phantom for opening my ears & eyes to this world. Now it has made me more aware there are more artist out there in the world! The Phantom has definetely got the S*** to make us rock on. Phantom is so F*****G radical. It's definetely the ultimate station for me too listen too. Phantom is the total rocking station on the net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

Bless you for your enthusiasm man!
    phantom rocks, in every way possible.
    listen on sunday nights at 9o clock irish time (don't know what that is your neck of the woods pet and i don't know how to check either, but good luck!)
    ....and just all the time generally. figure out some way to carry your pc around with you and you're set.
    take care
    xxx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 madmanmoon

Whaddya know, another listener from the southeastern US..(I live in Savannah GA) and yes, the stations here (outside of some college radio) suck.
    Funny how things go back and forth across the pond though. Just saw The Jeff and Vida Band here in Savannah and they just got back from playing the Johnny Keenan Banjo Festival (and a few other gigs) over in you neck of the woods..
    So when are you going to send us Seprico, Otranome, and a few others in return? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ozone6280

Well I live in Worcester Massachusettes and listen to Phantom . They have some really great live shows on the weekend . Take a listen to the two Petes Talk Rubish some Sunday @ 4pm local time in Ma. Some sunday afternoon come into the chat room and meet us you may even get a chance to talk to the presenter on air. Its a blast you can also get a request played on air if Pete is in the chat room. Your Sunday night will never be the same after you enter the chat room. LOL

Phatom has really changed me now. I can't wait till i get home to listen the get up in the mornings. Lots of wonderful people to talk too on here! I'm glad this radio station is around. Way too cool just more awesome music everyday.

Ah yes the wonderful world of phantom a cultural Rollercoaster Ride. what other station could bring together so many people and help them to hate other radio stations..... beautiful in it's own way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Seprico

Good man madmanmoon.....

Nice to see us mentioned again by your goodself..

If you could send me a mail with details and I'll send you over our new EP, which will be ready hopefully before christmas
    (just has to be mixed and mastered)

me be: thewickerman@eircom.net

Cheers

Phil

• Advertisement

How are you doing this morning? Still shaking the cob webs out of my head this morning after staying up late here. Just morning here. So is the afternoon there is good today? Worked yesterday evening them got home listened to Phatom station again! Stayed up little to late last night here. But caffine is waking me now!

yup, cueballjb. one of god's greatest combinations:
    1) phantom
    2) coffee
    i wish it was moring... at least that would be a good excuse to get back into bed. well could be wose. it may be bitterly, bitterly cold over here but at least i't not raining.. yet

Cold here & drizzly. Cold at the house i've been working on maybe in a few days the heating & air guy will put in the new unit. Where when working on outside the the house i can go in warm up. Had bunches of coffee to stay warm today! Got chills in body still starting to warm up now i'm home. Rained last night here! Suppsed to drop in the 20's here this weekend. Tommorow night just snow flurries are possible here no accumalation here thank goodness. Had to eat before i got on net tonight. Had Lasagna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭tovalee

Hey! I'm a NEW newbie. This is my first post. Be gentle.... hehehehe
    Seriously though, Phantom does kick alot of trans-Atlantic hiney. I've been listening and checking out the boards in "stalker" mode for awhile, but figured it was time to come out of the bushes and introduce myself. so, HI! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

This thread is hilarious!!!

Hyperbole is AWESOME!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

yeah, it is kinda funny isn't it? heheh. cueballjb, funny.

Been out partying today. Feel good now can relax & listen. Back too work tommorrow!

i remember my first post...

they were the days...:D

My head feels groovy this morning! I had a good little drunk yesterday. Been a while since i drank like that!

If only i could just go out and get drunk any random time of the week.. but alas, lack of funding and the need to do well in College forbids it (mostly lack of funding of course):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Cold here & drizzly. Cold at the house i've been working on maybe in a few days the heating & air guy will put in the new unit. Where when working on outside the the house i can go in warm up. Had bunches of coffee to stay warm today! Got chills in body still starting to warm up now i'm home. Rained last night here! Suppsed to drop in the 20's here this weekend. Tommorow night just snow flurries are possible here no accumalation here thank goodness. Had to eat before i got on net tonight. Had Lasagna.

Cueball, I've got to hand it to you. I don't know how you can keep a straight face. If these brainwashed Phantom (or 'Phatom' as you've been repeatedly calling it)-ites weren't so eager to hear praise lavished on their fave radio station they would recognise you as the comic genius you are.

I salute you! And I hope your Lasagna ROCKED! AS MUCH AS PHATOM!

Now where did I put that Tycho Brahe CD?, ah yes... the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Careful now Magpie,

Your cyncism is rapidly reaching the point of self-parody. Then again, maybe thats the intent. If so, congratulations, its working. If not, oops, its mighty dull.

Hopefully see you at the Sugar Club for our Christmas party on Wednesday 17th. Promise to play some Tycho Brahe just for you :D Least I can do to try to make you smile.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    97.3 Phantom FM
    reed@phantomfm.com

Hopefully see you at the Sugar Club for our Christmas party on Wednesday 17th

I'll be the one in the "self-parody" t-shirt.

Just looked up Trussville, Alabama, and astoundingly it exists. Behold:
    Trussville equivalent of boards.ie

I think my favourite is "I NEED A JOB BUT EVERYWHERE IV BEEN HASNT CALLED BACK! anyone know anywhere i can go?".

Now I'm not so sure if cannonball is an elaborate hoaxer, or the town grammar coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Originally posted by magpie
    I'll be the one in the "self-parody" t-shirt.

Class, I'll stand beside you in my "Im with Stupid" t-shirt. The laughter shall ring throughout the land!

Regards,

Pete Reed
    97.3 Phantom FM
    reed@phantomfm.com

I'll stand beside you

The kids outside the central bank will be so jealous

I'll be the one in the "self-parody" t-shirt

that bi.tch who sold me mine told me it was an original. now i'm going to have to buy a whole new winter wardrobe to work around..
    i hope you're happy magpie.

I think my favourite is "I NEED A JOB BUT EVERYWHERE IV BEEN HASNT CALLED BACK! anyone know where i can go?"
    you din't put in the 'help me' at the end of the thread title, intentionally trying not to get yourself criticised for being heartless?
    cmon they're just wee americanas, it's not nice to toy with them in such ways. lay off.

now i'm going to have to buy a whole new winter wardrobe

Buy one from here... TB Tshirts

You've got to hand it to them, they're optimistic.

Personally, I think these are much better Publunch T Shirts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

hyperbole...

it's rocking fantabuluosicious.

yeah he must be like in the back arse of nowhere in the states.

Who'd want to listen to this rock in the atlantic.

go look up a la station or london one...

actually leave your house,

Advertisement