Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm a new listener of the Phatom.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

How come any criticism is received with "Ah now stop with the aul cynicism"??

Hmmmm

The point is this person is clearly crazy..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Lamda,

Constructive criticism is always welcome, but criticism of everything just for the sake of it is not welcome on this board.

Crazy or not, I dont care. Just make the effort.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    97.3 Phantom FM
    reed@phantomfm.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

again pete thats just your opinion and a very conservative opinion thta is.

criticism in any shape or form should be allowed at will.

why not?

araid you might not be able to argue...

people can say what they want but unfortunatly you, like the station, have very conservative views on what exactly is constructive and well un constructive criticism.

If somebody wants to be cynical they're allowed to be cynical just as much as they're allowed to constructivly criticise.

lighten up and be more liberal...

maybe then people might stop taking phantom so boringly serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 cueballjb

Maybe i should just stay at work a little longer! Just kidding then i would miss out on The Phantom. I think of the Phantom as a major Kick Ass radio station. It loks like there were some people trying to cause world war three in here. But i'm funny in ways got me a buzz close to end of work shift. I've a cool boss. Long as it's close to quitting time! My goodness i thought the world was gone but got home seen all the post & was tetoally shocked by it.
    Maybe i freaked for a change because i was gone most of the day again. But i really got surprized by ya'll again. Phantom has many good folks on here! Gotta run eat supper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 madmanmoon

Wow, cut the guy some slack! Granted, he could use spellcheck a bit more, and I don't really need to know what he had for dinner, but he's just passing time. As far as the station goes, I agree with him, you have a good one.
    Ok, I'll admit that Alabama does get the butt end of jokes for good reason sometimes, but it's not that bad of a state. They even have the Redneck Riviera down there, host of the annual mullet tossing contest (the fish, not the haircut). How can you not have fun doing something that stupid?
    Ragamuffin, I don't know if you live in the area or not, but appreciate a good thing if you have it. I have looked up other stations from places like London and LA. Hell, I grew up in the shadow of Manhattan. Phantom is a good station. Your comments kind of remind me of the kids in college who would bitch about our station, the town, and the school instead of appreciating what was there. One thing I agree with about, you do have to get out once in a while to appreciate the local scene. Fortunately, you have one there. I doubt that Trussville does, although it is right outside of Birmingham.
    Here in Savannah, we do have a small music scene. It isn't much, but it's worth seeing some live shows to keep it going. And our websites are a bit more on topic...Savannah Underground
    Oh, and Butterfly, I think you're five hours off. So Sunday at 9 would be about 1am for me, 2am for Cueball..a bit late for those who need to be up on monday!

• Advertisement

I've been in one of my better moods since i heard this station. I've got the times memorized now. I can stay up late & get up early. There have been days where i go in early to work late home. I,ve worked days & nights together. So it's nothing to me. I like to come in from work & listen to radio on net! Phantom has changed me now that i listen. It's much better that way than same old songs playing overe & over. By the way Phantom rules all together by me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Where are the Kings of Leon from?

Originally posted by magpie
    Where are the Kings of Leon from?

They're from Tennessee, north west of me (I'm on the coast) and sort of north of cueball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

Butterfly, i think you're five hours off

cmon, with looks like these i had to have some flaws
    (the joy of non visual communication.. it's a beautiful thing when people can't prove you wrong..)

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Originally posted by Pete Reed
    Lamda,

Constructive criticism is always welcome, but criticism of everything just for the sake of it is not welcome on this board.

Well perhaps an idea of what you think constructive criticsim is exactly will help?
    All I know is that ANY criticism that i've come across ("constructive" or not) that is voiced is greeted with the same reply rather than actually answering it... To say that people are criticising for the sake of it is unfair and without grounds IMO.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by butterfly
    cmon, with looks like these i had to have some flaws
    (the joy of non visual communication.. it's a beautiful thing when people can't prove you wrong..)

:)

I'm sure your looks are right on time, I was talking time zones..:D

Just sore tonight after working allday long again. My lower back starting to ache again. Need to drink more water to flush sytems out again. But i'm always that way every once & while because of my back. Feels like hell tonight! But it'll go away soon as kidneys are flushed clean again.

Lambda, stop criticising Pete.

Good morning people how are ya'll doing? Got to go to work in a little while. Just kicking back before i go listening to the wonderful music on here!

Anything interesting to share with us cueball? Get shortchanged on the bus? Saw some trees? Put the bins out?

Don't skimp on the detail now.

Putting in drop ceiling at house i'm working ong on. A major task getting around air ducts. Breaking tiles right & left. But finally got it figured out! Just relaxing now that i'm home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

Getting around Air ducts just liek Captain Dallas.

The adventures of cueball...

born in the usa

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I just have a quick question....

What the Fuck is going on here?

Made me laugh on that one just got out bath tub to wake up from this bad day. It was an awful day today. I messed up a few tiles & guy doing the cutting messed some up so i guess it could be worse. Got run soon Music Awards coming on soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i await the next thrilling installment of "cueballjb's life and, like, stuff..." with baited breath.

kickass so far, keep it upicon14.gif

• Advertisement

Critics are raving about Cueball's American Diary

"i await the next thrilling installment of "cueballjb's life and, like, stuff..." with baited breath. "- says Tman

"What the **** is going on here?" asks AMZ

Magpie says "Don't skimp on the detail now."

Turn your browser right here for the next riveting installment..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

I can't wait any longer! i NEED to know whats going on!!!

Originally posted by madmanmoon
    Critics are raving about Cueball's American Diary

"i await the next thrilling installment of "cueballjb's life and, like, stuff..." with baited breath. "- says Tman

"What the **** is going on here?" asks AMZ

Magpie says "Don't skimp on the detail now."

Turn your browser right here for the next riveting installment..

Let us know how those music awards shaped up for you.

Incidentally, I have a tiling question. What tools do you need for a professional grouting job?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Originally posted by madmanmoon
    What the **** is going on here?" asks AMZ

I would ask you not to misquote me if at all possible.

I said what the Fuck is going on here? not what the star star star star is going on here?

Getting tired lately slept 9 hrs. last night! Body starting to wear down. Just sitting here listening to the wonderful music Phantom is playing. Back still sore. Wanting to go back to bed but got to work! Wished it would snow some here where i could be off work for few extra days! Don't let the world bite you bite back hard. Wake up the world with a rude awakening. Let the world rest in F*****G pieces.
    BBL till then take care of yourselves.

Wise words mate

Caught bits & pieces of it didn't get to watch all because phone calls last night! Started to take phone of hook last night. Maybe i should've. But didn't. BBL no more crazy days i hope. But i'll try hard today not to screw up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

what's BBL? bible with no vowels?
    and yes, i am a bit slow, i blame television....

Originally posted by butterfly
    what's BBL? bible with no vowels?
    and yes, i am a bit slow, i blame television....

Be Back Later.. People get lazy on the internet, they don't want to spell anything out..

• Advertisement

Cueball's American Diary...Has it been cancelled due to poor ratings? Industry executives were unavailable for comment.
    Meanwhile, this reporter is trying to get to the bottom of another topic that readers are talking about. Is Cueball bald, or is he just a mean snooker player?

Advertisement