Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

net1

• 03-12-2003 4:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭

http://www.net1.ie/

Anyone using these guys in louth?

Reports from my sister is that it's very fast and slick.
    and they're expanding.

Just on the edge of my map of coverage but my dad's pushing for it. they're opeing new points soon i think.

<< Fio >>

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Wonder if they'll remove a lost thread at a cheap rate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

meant for the broadband forum. read the title, not the full catagory by mistake.

Possibly get it moved there please?

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

The installation costs are too high! and secondly they are wireless I wouldn't go near wireless for 3Kb more then what I have(IOLBB), UTV, nowadays, seem the better value(except for the cap).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    The installation costs are too high! and secondly they are wireless I wouldn't go near wireless for 3Kb more then what I have(IOLBB), UTV, nowadays, seem the better value(except for the cap).
    Setup for Net1 costs €349.

Setup for eircom broadband is going to cost €245 again from January 1st (the current "free connection, free modem" promotion is due to end then).

Given that you'll save €20 a month (€240/year), the up front costs aren't that bad.

The 12 month cost of Net1 is €769 (assuming their figures include VAT).

The 12 month cost of DSL if you sign up before December 31st is between €500 and €600.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Are Eircon seriously going to begin charging for ADSL installation again?:mad:, they will lose a lot of custom which will go to Esat or UTV if they still keep there installations free.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    Are Eircon seriously going to begin charging for ADSL installation again?:mad:, they will lose a lot of custom which will go to Esat or UTV if they still keep there installations free.
    "Eircom wholesale" are currently providing "free" connections to all 3 providers - eircom retail, IOL and UTV. This is a 3 month promotion, approved by Comreg, and it ends on December 31st.

"Free installation" isn't costing IOL or UTV anything at the moment, because eircom aren't charging them for new installations, but once eircom start charging them again, they'll have to pass that cost on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Ripwave
    "Eircom wholesale" are currently providing "free" connections to all 3 providers - eircom retail, IOL and UTV. This is a 3 month promotion, approved by Comreg, and it ends on December 31st.

"Free installation" isn't costing IOL or UTV anything at the moment, because eircom aren't charging them for new installations, but once eircom start charging them again, they'll have to pass that cost on.

Then why was I charged €100 for a pair of filters and the assignment of an IP by Netsource (€200 for an engineer install)??

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Then why was I charged €100 for a pair of filters and the assignment of an IP by Netsource (€200 for an engineer install)??
    Because you were stupid enough to pay it?

You can buy the filters retail for $9 over the internet. And RIPE forbid charging for IP addresses (though you can charge an administrative charge for setting things up).

The "connection fee" that the ISPs (used to) pay to eircom for new DSL connections didn't include the cost of the filters.

Perhaps expensive.

But, it's the only service I can pick up.

Plus they're giving us a month free to "test" it when the new mast is up and running, in the next few weeks. :)

i'm happy, my sister & family are already hooked up and enjoying it.

New mast going up in Bettystown as we speak.

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Anone who lives more than 4-5Km from an exchange in a town with 1500 persons in the April 2002 census will have no choice other than Wireless (or VSAT God help us)

Good luck to East Meath and enjoy :D

M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ripperz

Do Net1 require line of sight? - can't find details on website

Did they recieve 3.5 ghz licience?

I'm fed up with 1.9k or less download rates and was considering ISDN but I'm told that Net1 are hoping to have coverage here in a month so I might hang on - I'm over 8km from Navan exchange so wireless is only realistic hope of bb:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Net1 are hoping to have coverage here in a month so

I hope it's not like that other Roald Dahl novel. "Digiweb" I think it was called :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

It would be nice if some of the wireless companys came to North Dublin instead of being either up the north or south dublin.

Originally posted by ripperz

Emmm... the coverage map
    http://www.net1.ie/coverage.html
    See if you're in it.

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Odds are they do.