Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time Computers Blanch...

• 03-12-2003 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

Ok, bit of a problem, I am looking for someone who may have purchased a computer from Time Computers in Blanchardstown last year. Basically, I have lost my System Restore disk, and am looking for a replacememt. I bought my computer in May 2002, and it is a AMD 2000xp, 512K memory, 80gb hard drive, DVD, CD-R, Geforce 4 mx440 (which has been upgraded thankfully). I know the chances are slim, but I need someone who bought a similar PC from them at the time, that would not mind loaning me their System Restore disk. I have tried to get a replacemnt from them, however refuse to pay the price they are asking. So do we have any Good Samaritans??
    Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Whats on the restore disk that you need so bad versus a WinXP disk and some drivers?

Matt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Try the timesupport.com site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Etho, Time want about 60 Sterling to replace it, so you can probably understand why I posted here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

if your computer is currently "kerfluffled" why not just format the harddisk and get yourself a copy of win2k and install that. Then its a case of updating the drivers for your bits and pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Count666
    Etho, Time want about 60 Sterling to replace it, so you can probably understand why I posted here.
    I meant can you not download a boot disk from there

And surely you can use any windows boot disk...like bootdisk.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by eth0_
    I meant can you not download a boot disk from there

And surely you can use any windows boot disk...like bootdisk.com
    I think he means the crappy restore CD manufacturers give you with your new PC instead of a proper Windows install CD.
    That's etremely bad form on their part not to replace it for free as part of the warranty... or are you just out by a few months?
    Still, there's more than one way to skin a cat as they say ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Still, there's more than one way to skin a cat as they say
    Any chance you could let me know what ways?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

sure just say the word and i'll sent you a copy of xp pro, pop it in your disc drive, boot from cd, format using NTFS and happy days, just make sure you have a modem driver everything else can be got off the net.

Advertisement