Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Leixlip

• 03-12-2003 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi

I am living in leixlip and my line cannot get broadband, as my phone line is failing. Can anyone tell me if i can get wireless or satelite DSL in leixlip and if i can, what company is the best and cheapest!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Practical

Where abouts in Leixlip are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 scooter

I am living in castletown, my neighbours can get broadband but my line quality is not sufficient so it is failing the DSL Test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Have a look here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Im also in leixlip (castletown) and failing. Do you mind pm-ing me your number, and that of those that passed, id love to see if we are all in the same area or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Also live in castletown/failing/ neighbours passing but i have isdn. So i'm thinking of downgrading to 56k to pass. Not sure about it though:( what if i still fail?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Practical

Ring netsource and ask them for a line test. Chances are you never got a linetest with eircom so theres no result in their database.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭job

In Easton Park, and failing aswell !

Funny thing is, checked it on Utv's website the other week & said i passed. So i applied & waited the two week period for utv.

Got a mail the other day from Geraldine in Utv, who told me i had failed & the reason from Eircom was .......

I have been informed that the reason your Broadband Order was rejected
    is because your order was returned: 'pre-qual RED'
    meaning that the exchange, or the customers line is not set up/available.

So back to 56k :(

Advertisement