Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Clan

Options
  • 02-12-1999 11:28am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭

O.k. As far as a I can tell the following are interested in starting a clan :-

Jaden
    Lolth
    Amp
    WWMan
    Shadow
    Paladin
    Me

There are no guidelines here. As far as I'm concerned anybody can join. If you're ****e you won't get to play as often as others but thats life. If you're an lpb you'll probably be always wanted. I am not proposing myself as leader either. Maybe co-leader with someone but if someone has designs on being leader of this new clan then fire away. This clan will probably struggle at first and hopefully get better smile.gif
    If you mentioned in the other post that you might be interested then just decide. Don't ask me if you're good enough or whether we want to give you a trial just add your name and lets go.
    I want to play CA (of course), UT and Q3 so all players should get plenty of play. All we need are people to organise leagues. Thanks to Jedi the Q3 one is organised allready. By the way he's right about limiting lpbs. Never mind Q3 but in UT you have a real advantage with a low ping.

M

P.S. Bugblaster - you still interested?

[This message has been edited by musician (edited 02-12-99).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

This is very cool, good to see new clans being formed.

This makes 4 quake 3 clans, with HIV and Dk playing as well.

Any of the other old-school clans feel like getting in on the act? CW Scobe???

[This message has been edited by El_Presidente (edited 02-12-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

It actually balances in UT, though I don't like how they do it.

When someone is HPB, it's harder for them to hit you with things like the shock rifle, so they've made it harder for LPBs to hit people with things like the Shaft. Which imho sucks, but it does wear down the LPB/HPB problem, I guess.

Ja,
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

imho UT is a much more HPB-friendly game. LPBs may have the shock-rifle, sniper rifle etc - but the Flak Cannon, RL, Chaingun, and Biorifle make up for it.

In Q3 though.. ick - Plasma, Rail, Lightning Gun, Machine Gun.. Q3 lacks a decent spammy, area effect weapon apart from the RL. In Q2 the SSG was a life-saver for HPB, but the SG in Q3 doesn't work half as well.

Teeth.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Well on Tempest ( is it?) , the one with low gravity then you don't stand a chance as a hpb. Maybe overall it's not as bad but that's my experience so far.
    I might not have said up to now but I'm with the UT bandwagon. Much better game than Q3 from what I've seen and played so far. Sorry.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Yup, 'morpheus' is hard on HPBs, as it's so open and it's much easier to hit people when they're floating around between the towers with a low ping. The final version has a sniper rifle on it, and invisiblity! Hmm, invisible LPB with a sniper rifle.. oww.. smile.gif

Teeth.

• Advertisement

And of course, Instagib isn't a whole hell of a lot of fun for HPBs smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

Yeah Morpheus is a bit[h on hpb's as musician learn't last night smile.gif, however anytime I play Spoon on it, it's pretty much even stevens and he has one of the skankiest pings this side of ethiopia. most servers seemed to have removed Morph from Deathmatch rotation unfortunatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

Thats cos I camp the respawn spots at the bottom. No Seriously.

On the topic of UT giving lpbs savage advantages, thats true in any FPS game where reaction times are importaint.

[This message has been edited by Spoonman (edited 02-12-1999).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

err muso can i join smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

Muso

Count me in......

Q What are we called?

Also I'm not really interested in being leader..yet!! [img]c:\windows\desktop\smile.gif[/img]
    But I would like to be involved with the admin..etc.

nomegas@ireland.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭BugBlaster

Hey lads.... yeah im ready to fight... just give us a few days to recover fromsome troubles here an im away fraggin<hopefully> smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Never mind Q3 but in UT you have a real advantage with a low ping.
    Howd you work that one out? smile.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

Good Good, another Irish clan to play UT... Rockin' smile.gif Competition over here is liable to be every bit as good as in the UK at this rate...

So far we have, DzR, EM, HIV, DF and you lot... This should be fun smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

errr we are? ****in news to me so it is.

perhaps you should check who plays ut for doozer, its beginning to look like Hot Internet Doozers smile.gif

ok last I heard you were smile.gif

(runs off to check Doozer page)

ffs who let Doozer get that big! The US DoJ shall be hearing about this... Judge Jackson will have words... Stifling competition, uncompetitive behaviour, monopoly.... boooo! Spoonman is Bill Gates, I tell you! smile.gif

Since all of HIV seem to be playing UT, and playing it for DzR, wouldn't it make sense if HIV played it as a Clan? Just a thought smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

I suppose to folk who would be playing UT against DzR it would smile.gif

And which category do you think I fall into? smile.gif

I'm more worried about Doozer in the UKUTL and the likes than I am about UNR or EED... Either of those teams are good in DM, but can't play CTF, DOM or AS to save their lives... Hell, EED have put Vaggabond in charge of their CTF and DOM training and tactics, now thats desperation! smile.gif

However, DzR show all signs of being good at all the teamplay mods too, which is a worrying thing... sad.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

count me in MUSO for q3 and UT but not for CA as i'm a GT at heart smile.gif
    e-mail me at

nexus@eircom.net

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

how about ****in' unusual Quakeplayers

or [Fu-q] ?

lolth@ireland.com

How about [BS]

Board Spammers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Hey brian, tis me !
    Yea'd i'd loike to get back into playing a bit o quake 'n such inf you's loike..

gavin@redbrick.dcu.ie
    cheers

Gav

You in dcu verb?

What course/year?

El

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Hmm..... tis me el presi
    Gav ... ? That guy that's in ca1. The guy that was playing qw with yee yesterday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

hahahahhahahahahah
    the joys of it all...

Ummm

I know that there is someone in CA1 named Gavin but I wasnt playing qw on Friday, sure you dont have me confused with someone else?

El

someone didnt know how to change his name in quake thats why and was playing with el_pres smile.gif

Ahhhh... the plot thickens. Imatation El_pres's eh?

Well verb the REAL El_pres is Andy Mullen and im in CA1.

amulle.ca1@compapp.dcu.ie

or elpres on redbrick.

El

[This message has been edited by El_Presidente (edited 05-12-1999).]

that compapp mail wont work smile.gif
    hehe

[stupid double posting]

[This message has been edited by Kali (edited 05-12-1999).]

• Advertisement